The VG Resource

Full Version: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hooooly Fuck. Just watched the announcement.

New gen for 3DS.

Havent got any links right now because they just announced it but will add them soon.

new pokemon, everything is in 3D (as in the video game kind of 3D, not the 3DS kind of 3D)

They're called Pokémon X and Y.

Releases on the same date worldwide, which is in october.
They showed the starters too.
The graphics look reminiscent of dragon quest games.

Starters:

[Image: K0gEr.png]

[Image: untitled-160tjx76.gif]
inb4 third game named 'Pokemon Z'

and 3D models now? I'll somewhat miss the sprites..
Looks pretty cool, and now I finally have a reason to get a 3DS. xD

And now we're finally done with colors, wonder what the next generation's theme will be. Cute
I always imagined the battles looking the same as stadium/Colosseum/XD, the way they did it so it still resembles the 2D games is cool.

edit: the X legendary is shaped like an "X" and the Y legendary is shaped like a "Y", heh
I've never really understood why you'd make a game use 3D graphics so that it can look like it's 2D... Why not do it Pokémon Stadium style, where they made it 3D so it looked 3D.
For once I love the new legendaries! They look graceful, majestic, and mystical. Qualities I love in legendaries. I am disappointed that they are using a Fire Fox and a Water Frog as starters. We already got those, guys.

However I have little complaints about their design... wait. "Little complaint about their design"? Are you kidding me? I'm satisfied with the way these Pokemon look?

Impossible!
Both the 3DS and the Pokemon franchise just got worth it.
As someone who made a "name" for themselves making sprites of fake Pokemon (and mixes/edits before that), who adminned a forum based around that concept, and who was introduced to pixel art that way, I feel a horrible sense of loss.

I know it was time to make the switch to 3D but I feel like a part of myself has died.

(Am I being too melodramatic? This is honestly the worst I've felt in weeks.)

New starters look nice.
(01-08-2013, 07:20 AM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]I've never really understood why you'd make a game use 3D graphics so that it can look like it's 2D... Why not do it Pokémon Stadium style, where they made it 3D so it looked 3D.

I agree with this. There isn't really a point in having the 3D if you can't make it actually look 3D.

Still the fact that the main games are making this jump is quite impressive. So I'm fairly happy ether way.
Really didn't expect a 6th gen announcement this early or maybe that's just me thinking it's early.
I think it's pretty early too, but I did get Black pretty late and can't remember when it was released. Although Black/White 2 only came out like half a year ago.

The main downside of the 3D-ness for me is that there we won't be many Pokemon sprites to rip, only icons and stuff Unsure (Obviously assuming we figure out how to rip from 3DS roms.)
Definitely didn't see this coming, although I have mixed feelings about it. The main thing I'm wondering about is how they will fit a whole gen of original pokemon without seeming too redundant on the designs. I'm probably overthinking it, though.
Haven't seen the video or anything yet (It's loading now), but I hope gen 6 continues the trend of 2 and 4 and has a lot of evolutions for Pokemon in previous gens.
(01-08-2013, 11:02 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't seen the video or anything yet (It's loading now), but I hope gen 6 continues the trend of 2 and 4 and has a lot of evolutions for Pokemon in previous gens.
I'm betting there will be a few since they made it clear that older pokemon will be showing up this time (unlike in B&W).
That'd be great. So far odd generations have given a whole bunch of new Pokes, evens have added a few new ones and a bunch of evolutions for previous Pokemon. I hope the trend keeps.