The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode: II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Who can't wait for Sonic 4 Episode: II it's here in just 17 more days!
i dont give a fuck about it.
I heard there was an early beta for this game on Steam. This user on youtube named ShadowOfRuki got all the zones uploaded on the game.

Music kind of disappointed me, way too many of the same synths. But the final boss design looks pretty rad.
i've listened to the entire soundtrack, and there are a few decent, if repetitive and ill-voiced, tunes--namely, metal sonic's boss theme (not stardust speedway), sky fortress act 2, and death egg mk. ii act 1.

the game itself looks alright, and at least fun. i already tried to get the beta while it was on steam, but i was too late, so i now own the game and thus have no reason not to play it once it's out.
(04-28-2012, 12:31 AM)Meta Wrote: [ -> ]i dont give a fuck about it.

That's awesome.
I'm really looking forward to this game. Not just for the purpose of playing it, but to see if Sonic the Hedgehog is accually ready to go toe-to-toe with Mario again...

What you don't like Sonic the Hedgehog?!
(04-28-2012, 03:54 AM)Sonic Konga Wrote: [ -> ]

It might be because of the first game...

By the way, have you noticed that some stages have elements from Sonic3 and Sonic2?

Probably because the first part was kinda bad.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed playing it, but holy shit the Physics in that game
(04-28-2012, 08:18 AM)The Homunculus Envy Wrote: [ -> ]

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed playing it, but holy shit the Physics in that game

I guess you can blame the Hedgehog Engine for the floaty physics. The Hedgehog Engine is the game engine used in the making of sonic games beginning from Sonic Unleashed (usually paired with the Havok physics engine). To be honest... The engine isn't really good on the physics end when making "classic style" sonic games. You may have also noticed the floaty effect in the classic acts of Sonic Generations.

(04-28-2012, 08:18 AM)The Homunculus Envy Wrote: [ -> ]

did sonic the hedgehog 4 even use the hedgehog engine?
Yes. All Sonic games now a days use that engine, mainly for the graphics I guess.
Honestly, I enjoyed the physics in Episode One. I thought they were a lot of fun.
FSDHGDFSGSDF the hedgehog engine is a graphics engine, not a gameplay engine. also, i'm pretty sure neither episodes of sonic 4 used the hedgehog engine. look at sonic unleashed and sonic generations, both of which use the hedgehog engine for their graphics; does sonic 4: episode 2 look anywhere near as good as those games?
The Hedgehog Engine is only a graphics engine that has something to do with lights and shadows. S4Ep1 would not use this engine, as it uses a mixture of tiles, sprites and 3D models, so it doesn't make sense if it did.
I played S4Ep1 when my brother still had his PS3, and I liked it while it lasted. Not as good as 1-3&K, but not bad.
The engine in S4Ep2 has been confirmed to be fixed based on the complaints of the first episode's engine. These improvements are also carried into Episode Metal, that includes harder versions of 1 of each of S4Ep1's Zone's Acts.
I have a good feeling about S4Ep2. When Episode 3 is done (a trilogy and the inclusion of Knuckles is practically a given), they should make these one game in a way similar to S3&K.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14