The VG Resource

Full Version: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Vikings instead of Kremlings? Well we still got Dixie Kong back!
more like tropical...awesome

YEAH!
The only reason why I want this is because of dixie and diddy.

nothing else.
what a sad reason to want something.
(06-11-2013, 12:04 PM)Viiper Wrote: [ -> ]what a sad reason to want something.

Honestly it's not like there is much else in this game beside camera angles.

Which is interesting but it's not like it's anything new or outstanding. That just doesn't seem like a good enough reason to play it.

(Besides I kind of want to play with Diddy and Dixie in this one like I did with Donkey Kong Country 2, which was a perfect game mind you.)
I'm excited to see Dixie back, and from what I played of it, I loved DKCR.
The name sounds like a 7-11 slurpee.
Swimming is back. Which probably means Enguarde returns as well. Also in the Developer interview video, it is said there is actually a FOURTH playable character... who is a secret at this time.
Hm, I saw the game and I'm very impressed. Retro is once again proving themselves and could very well be this generation's Rare. If that the case, then around 2020, there could be the possibility that Sony (or a third gaming company that isn't Microsoft) could buy them and force them to make games for them.

...... Only joking! It's not like Nintendo would do that same stunt twice! In any case, Retro is doing just fine and if this game has any callbacks to DKC2, then it's all the better! I was expecting the return of King K. Rool or the Tikis, but Vikings are nice! Besides, fighting crocodiles over and over again would then lead to a similar situation to how most people would like new baddie groups in Mario games besides Bowser and his Koopas (and kidnapping the Princess over and over again).

(06-11-2013, 11:06 PM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]Swimming is back. Which probably means Enguarde returns as well. Also in the Developer interview video, it is said there is actually a FOURTH playable character... who is a secret at this time.

About time! Drowning in water does not thrill me and seeing more animal buddies is always welcome. Of course, I thought I saw an oxygen meter in the gameplay footage, so it looks like the Kongs are no longer part fish as it were...

Besides the return of ice levels (which I was dying to see again in the prequel to this game), the fourth character sounds very interesting. Looking at the other Kongs, the best guesses are Lanky and Kiddy. We can't use Tiny because she was only created as a replacement for Dixie, and as for Chunky... Yeah...

Of course, I could think of more possibilities than that. Cranky and Funky are also good considerations (with the former actually being a secret unlockable character that is as good as he claims to be), but either a Kremling or a Viking would make the most sense........ If it as another Rare character, though, such as a certain bear, the game's awesomeness level would shoot through the roof!
Willing to bet that they'll bring back Kiddy Kong as the fourth character.
I would kind of be ok with Kiddy returning, as long as they improve his character.
(06-12-2013, 08:29 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]I would kind of be ok with Kiddy returning, as long as they improve his character.

Kiddy Kong is an okay character. Not really the best compared to the others, but I am wondering why not too many people like him. My only guesses are that he's a baby and he cries too much.
which is nothing compared to how he manages to climb kilometers worth of ropes, defeat huge-ass spiders and barrels and robots, and outrun a giant saw, and riding fast bobsleds inside an abandoned pipe system and having knowledge of how to control a rocket while defeating Craky Kong in a game of hitting targets.

And while being a baby.
Screw it, I'd be fine if they included him as-is. The others are there for options, so it's not like he's forcing anyone out.
(06-12-2013, 09:29 AM)Gorsalami Wrote: [ -> ]which is nothing compared to how he manages to climb kilometers worth of ropes, defeat huge-ass spiders and barrels and robots, and outrun a giant saw, and riding fast bobsleds inside an abandoned pipe system and having knowledge of how to control a rocket while defeating Craky Kong in a game of hitting targets.

And while being a baby.

Now that you put it that way, I see Kiddy in a whole new light now.

In fact, not even Baby Mario has those kind of achievements.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13