Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Viqueen
I was brainstorming a game about vikings, a platformer with RPG elements, a la Wonder Boy in Monster World. I'm also working on the sprites so the equipments will change the sprite instead of just giving her stats.

[Image: 5ljLpcn.png]
[Image: XOxHq0P.png]
[Image: hQlAhzQ.gif]
[Image: GVnvNrX.gif]

the equipments will be layered over in order to avoid too many sprites. I don't have much done, but I thought I could at least introduce the protagonist, Runa Fé (or Fae, as in the sheet).

the animation speeds don't reflect the final product, and may be changed later.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
The top of her head could be rounded out more. the left hand corner of it is too pointy, and the other side is on too much of a slant. I would say even an evenly round spade is acceptable since she wears that helmet.

also i edited her profile.
[Image: VJ9YEEQ.png]

Very very cute sprites. Heart
[Image: DffP5jr.png]
Thanked by:
May I suggest you change approach for the jump animation for variety's sake? It's Castlevania-esque and I have the impression it isn't the first time you've done jumping/falling this way.
Apart from that, it's looking good! Smile
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: Gors, Kami, Zac, Lexou Duck
[Image: ckPmxCl.gif]
[Image: ckPmxCl.gif]
Runa's right hand(from out view or her left from her perspective) is a little sporatic in the idle set of frames.

Gors' ideas are a little bit influental, fffffff, Now I want to program another one of your brain childen will~
[Image: FK4rxzT.gif][Image: rZSrTAQ.gif][Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif][Image: 3CczX.gif][Image: qjGOacY.png][Image: smC8iWb.gif][Image: FK4rxzT.gif]
[Image: shrine.gif]
Anti-Vipershark Operation Pantsu Weapon - By Kistu-nii~ Cute

Thanked by: Gors, Lexou Duck
(05-07-2013, 09:52 PM)Kami Wrote: Gors' ideas are a little bit influental, fffffff, Now I want to program another one of your brain childen will~

Back off, he's mine!
Thanked by: Garamonde, Gors, Phaze, Lexou Duck
[Image: 9m64YxE.png]

[Image: 0CNFp9s.png]

[Image: cn0AURF.png]

[Image: v1j3xOW.png]

bonus round: this is what paint did with my 'former' items sheet...

[Image: TkWHYJv.png]
Those tiles look really cool!
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by:
(05-09-2013, 10:23 PM)Gorsalami Wrote: bonus round: this is what paint did with my 'former' items sheet...

[image]

Gors, these are the best sprites you ever made and I really hope you'll make many more in this marvellous new style. It would be amazing if you could write up a small tutorial on how to do them, too, so everyone can learn to make such perfect pixel art.
I am really impressed. That animation looks smooth and the background looks great so far.
Thanked by:
Pretty adorable. Do you plan to include the spear and magic helmet? Tongue
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Gors
(05-11-2013, 01:32 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Pretty adorable. Do you plan to include the spear and magic helmet? Tongue

None of the accessories will appear on Runa's sheet. Because we're going to have different helmets/weapons/cloaks give different stats they'll be tacked on in the code.
Thanked by:
I was referencing this, actually. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siegfried_(opera)
See also: "What's Opera, Doc?"
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Virt, SmithyGCN
(05-11-2013, 04:46 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: I was referencing this, actually. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siegfried_(opera)
See also: "What's Opera, Doc?"

I knew it! I was so tempted to reply "Spear and magic helmet?"

So the accessories will be on a separate sheet or it'll be like an RPG and only give the boost but no visual differences?
Thanked by:
they'll be on a separate sheet, though the alternate tunics/boots will be programmatically recolored
Thanked by: