Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pipe Works [Playable: Basic Build!]
Dream Show Adventures presents:
[Image: fK0jKMG.png]
[Image: yNU8D.gif]

Platforms: PC, Android, iOS.
Release Date: Early/Mid-Summer 2013

Pipe Works is a retro-esque arcade puzzle game with user-friendly yet unique gameplay that creates an up-beat yet relaxing play style.
The Pipe Works Family Company owner, Charles, has been kidnapped by the ghost of his old business partner, Marty, into the sewers of Blue Torch City. You guide his children Jim and Jane in Classic and Time-Attack modes (respectively) by rotating/switching pipes, avoiding enemies, and collecting gears and keys to make their way to the end of a wide assortment of levels.

features include:
  • Three different play-modes (Classic, Time-Attack and Battle)
  • In-game store
  • Several different items and power-ups
  • Mini-games
  • Boss-fights!
  • Future planned free DLC

[Image: tumblr_mjmogm9PUv1rmeyg3o1_400.png] [Image: tumblr_mjmogm9PUv1rmeyg3o2_400.png]
[Image: tumblr_mjmogm9PUv1rmeyg3o3_400.png] [Image: tumblr_mjmogm9PUv1rmeyg3o4_400.png]

Twitter, Facebook.
ExclamationYou can listen to the Pipe Works OST here, as composed by myself and Gorsal!

Developer's notes:
Hello everyone. We at DSA are glad to be making our first steps into the gaming industry and hope you'll enjoy our first title. Pipe Works is seeing the light of completion soon, production has been very great to us. I, Star, Ridge and the team would just like to thank everyone for your support.
If you're having a hard idea of how the game works imagine the Bioshock hacking mini-game perfectly mixed with Pac-Man, Mario Bros., and Donkey Kong. We will have a three-level playable demo up on the Pipe Works website by the end of this month. See you then!
[Image: DffP5jr.png]
It certainly seems interesting... but I have no iOS/Android experience. Sorry! Shy
Thanked by:
It's okay, guy.

Music, sprite and information update!
[Click here to listen to the music and see a few sprites.]

Quote:The “Arcade” version will be released for iOS and Andriod devices on January 21st, 2013 for free! It will feature 21 puzzles (including mini-games and boss-fights), a variety of items and two different play modes!
The “Advance” version will be released early February for $0.99. It will include over 50 puzzles (including mini-games and boss-fights), more items, achievements, free-play and Battle Mode. With expected future DLC like Battle-with-Friends and game-packs.
Thanked by: Guy
liking the music, almost relaxing and fun... I'd say it sounds pretty casual, perfect for a puzzle game!
Also nice sprites, but the white shirts may need more contrast its pretty hard to notice the details on them.
As or development I'd recommend you look into java, so far as I know its the most popular choice for android and IOS development, its nothing difficult, some things about it are inconvenient to people already versed in other languages (such as lack of operator overloading) but its nothing that makes it hard to work with.
If your looking for a programmer, not to down on this forum but it is a forum based around spriting, that said for programmers your better looking in a forum more centralised to programming. (though with luck you may find someone capable and willing here)
Thanked by:
Thanks, i'll fix up the shirts. We've actually found a programmer already. I should've made a note of that haha.
Thanked by:
Star, here! Just wanted to stop on by and drop off these animations for y'all's viewing!

Enjoy Smile

[Image: PwPlr.gif]

[Image: WbSEl.gif]

[Image: uZ4By.gif]

[Image: U5ggU.gif]

[Image: Mtxk5.gif]
[Image: 9fryz.gif] [Image: QUmE6.gif]
[Image: XwNYE.gif]
[Image: qjGOacY.png]

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]

those animates pretty well, but it lacks 'life' to be honest. The blurs aren't necessary for this speed.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Bombshell93, Virt
If he sped up the blur frames and added a slight retraction frame, it might look better.
Thanked by: recme
(01-04-2013, 12:06 PM)Star Wrote: [Image: Mtxk5.gif]

This is just a personal opinion, but I feel this robot does not match up with the overall vibe of the game
where everything else is old-fashioned looking and coppery, this robot is clean and futuristic
So far as I can tell, it's an EVE in a Wall-E world.
Everything looks wonderful and neat though.
[Image: Little_lamp_in_dark_room.jpg]

Thanked by: Star, Baegal
(01-04-2013, 05:15 PM)Zabadabenabadaba Wrote:
(01-04-2013, 12:06 PM)Star Wrote: [Image: Mtxk5.gif]
So far as I can tell, it's an EVE in a Wall-E world.

Looks more like one of the robots in Portal 2 eheh.
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by: Star, Cshad, Virt, Baegal, Marth
Oh I wasn't saying that it's actually EVE
I was just alluding to that movie because it's a good example of the sort of clash that I am talking about.
Although it does resemble a Portal bot, now that you mention it.
[Image: Little_lamp_in_dark_room.jpg]

Thanked by: Virt
I dont want to give away why it looks like that

But you guys are catching on! Ehehehe
[Image: 9fryz.gif] [Image: QUmE6.gif]
[Image: XwNYE.gif]
[Image: qjGOacY.png]

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]

Thanked by: Virtuaboy123, Zadaben
First posted updated with: We're working hard towards finishing this project and hope you all enjoy it. A three-level demo is coming soon!
[Image: 0Owki7X.gif]NEWS: Hey everyone! We're launching the official Dream Show Adventures AND Pipe Works website June 1st.
Along with the official "four-level tech-demo" (which will be downloadable for PC and shortly after Mac, and playable right on the site!)

Here's a mock-up I made of the results screen:
[Image: KwyqTii.gif]

Sean and I were also holding a cute little contest across Facebook and Tumblr:
[Image: SuZnc14.png]
We need a name for the Level 2 - “Familiar Sewers” end boss. Best name gets a free copy of the game when it comes out.

*So in the meant time, you can try a very basic build of Pipe Works!
left click - rotate clockwise
right lick - counter clockwise
space bar - deploy mouse traps
enter key - bear traps

Enjoy!
Thanked by: Virt
this suck it pillow shade fangme shit and u suck ur art too

uninstall paint plz

just kidding this kicks major ass Smile

PS : major ass is a name i'm suggesting for that crocodile
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by: Ninspriterx, Marth