The VG Resource

Full Version: Viqueen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was brainstorming a game about vikings, a platformer with RPG elements, a la Wonder Boy in Monster World. I'm also working on the sprites so the equipments will change the sprite instead of just giving her stats.

[Image: 5ljLpcn.png]
[Image: XOxHq0P.png]
[Image: hQlAhzQ.gif]
[Image: GVnvNrX.gif]

the equipments will be layered over in order to avoid too many sprites. I don't have much done, but I thought I could at least introduce the protagonist, Runa Fé (or Fae, as in the sheet).

the animation speeds don't reflect the final product, and may be changed later.
The top of her head could be rounded out more. the left hand corner of it is too pointy, and the other side is on too much of a slant. I would say even an evenly round spade is acceptable since she wears that helmet.

also i edited her profile.
[Image: VJ9YEEQ.png]

Very very cute sprites. Heart
May I suggest you change approach for the jump animation for variety's sake? It's Castlevania-esque and I have the impression it isn't the first time you've done jumping/falling this way.
Apart from that, it's looking good! Smile
[Image: ckPmxCl.gif]
[Image: ckPmxCl.gif]
Runa's right hand(from out view or her left from her perspective) is a little sporatic in the idle set of frames.

Gors' ideas are a little bit influental, fffffff, Now I want to program another one of your brain childen will~
(05-07-2013, 09:52 PM)Kami Wrote: [ -> ]Gors' ideas are a little bit influental, fffffff, Now I want to program another one of your brain childen will~

Back off, he's mine!
[Image: 9m64YxE.png]

[Image: 0CNFp9s.png]

[Image: cn0AURF.png]

[Image: v1j3xOW.png]

bonus round: this is what paint did with my 'former' items sheet...

[Image: TkWHYJv.png]
Those tiles look really cool!
(05-09-2013, 10:23 PM)Gorsalami Wrote: [ -> ]bonus round: this is what paint did with my 'former' items sheet...

[image]

Gors, these are the best sprites you ever made and I really hope you'll make many more in this marvellous new style. It would be amazing if you could write up a small tutorial on how to do them, too, so everyone can learn to make such perfect pixel art.
I am really impressed. That animation looks smooth and the background looks great so far.
Pretty adorable. Do you plan to include the spear and magic helmet? Tongue
(05-11-2013, 01:32 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty adorable. Do you plan to include the spear and magic helmet? Tongue

None of the accessories will appear on Runa's sheet. Because we're going to have different helmets/weapons/cloaks give different stats they'll be tacked on in the code.
I was referencing this, actually. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siegfried_(opera)
See also: "What's Opera, Doc?"
(05-11-2013, 04:46 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]I was referencing this, actually. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siegfried_(opera)
See also: "What's Opera, Doc?"

I knew it! I was so tempted to reply "Spear and magic helmet?"

So the accessories will be on a separate sheet or it'll be like an RPG and only give the boost but no visual differences?
they'll be on a separate sheet, though the alternate tunics/boots will be programmatically recolored
Pages: 1 2