Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)
tFR:SDtW Non Gors Workshop - NEWS! (05/31)
the walk animation is weird, the legs seem placed in front of the body,; it looks like he's going to fall on his back.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
(03-08-2012, 05:03 PM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: Animations:
[Image: kZ7S1.gif] [Image: lXVH8.gif]
Walk-cycle was/is a nightmare. 6 frames because of the pace. Anyway, the idea is that Splot absorbs the opponent, Bolt casually walks to the swallowed foe and burns him/her.

Yeah man, that walk cycle looks pretty messy. I have something in my harddrive that can help you though.
[Image: U5yNW.gif]
(from Mike in the Pixelation fourms)
it's for run cycles, but I guess the same could go for walk cycles too.
Thanked by: Gaia
[Image: 3NGW7.png]

I'm changing myself into a assist. I'm always busy and can't keep up. So here's a dump
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by:
Welp.

[Image: iixp.png]

I'm gonna kinda let you guys choose a scaling for me to work in. These are obviously just rough scaledowns but whatever one feels to you guys is the range I'll work in.

It'd be wrong of me to try to ask erryone else to be in a more exact scale, ha hah.

Also, I noticed no one's mentioned the eyes at all. Are they fine as they are or would you rather me make em darker or just solid black or something?
Thanked by:
I like the size in "I", seems to fit better.
For the eyes, either solid black, or use the darker orange.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: Garamonde
I'd go with II, seems more natural.
Thanked by:
Go with I, but "straighten" the legs a bit more like II, because I like II's legs.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
I think the characters in this game are supposed to be small and cartoony. These taller characters sort of seem out of place. Basically your guy is bent down to fit in the box. But if he was to stand straight, he'd be a giant amongst the others.
Thanked by:
(03-08-2012, 10:23 PM)ShadeDBZ Wrote: I like the size in "I", seems to fit better.
For the eyes, either solid black, or use the darker orange.
o7
Just trying to not use black due to the character not having black pupils, but I'll try a few things after getting this scale issue resolved.
(03-08-2012, 10:31 PM)Gaia Wrote: I'd go with II, seems more natural.
o7
(03-08-2012, 11:11 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Go with I, but "straighten" the legs a bit more like II, because I like II's legs.
o7
The issue with the legs is just an artifact of crude way I down-scaled the original. These scaling are mainly for quick reference; I'll be redoing the sprite to a proper quality after the decision is made.
(03-08-2012, 11:18 PM)Koopaul Wrote: I think the characters in this game are supposed to be small and cartoony. These taller characters sort of seem out of place. Basically your guy is bent down to fit in the box. But if he was to stand straight, he'd be a giant amongst the others.
Hence why I'm trying to find an agreeable middleground for the situation, hee.~

Thanked by:
(03-08-2012, 07:32 PM)Jawnsunn Wrote: Yeah man, that walk cycle looks pretty messy. I have something in my harddrive that can help you though.
*image*
(from Mike in the Pixelation fourms)
it's for run cycles, but I guess the same could go for walk cycles too.

Thanks, but the reason I messed up is that I leaned to a run-cycle too much. A run cycle is also easier, because in the walk cycle I had to move the body more (I also messed up with the rough sketches). I'll redo his walk-cycle and try to keep it within 4 frames, so I have 2 less frames to screw up.

EDIT:
[Image: Krlo7.gif]
Better than the last, but still not perfect. The constant tweaking is a PAIN. God do I hate walk-cycles.

EDIT2:
Have some Splot animations:
[Image: dGQf7.gif][Image: zohar.gif][Image: LOv5W.gif][Image: XOlEF.gif][Image: sqU5M.png]
I know, it's a cheap walking animation, but it's similar to the ones I made for the Custom Clash games.
The hit frame is true when the opponent hits him or when the attack ends (Bolt basically K.O.s him). Bolt has no hit frame, because he won't appear until the opponent is trapped and leaves before he/she's freed.

This is how it would look like when you're screwed:
[Image: IGpkj.gif]

Later, nerds!
[Image: MUlPj.png]

A wild sheet appeared!
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

[Image: dzLvQ.gif]

For the next animation you can only guess the 8 people that are going to be popping out of my head.
[Image: DffP5jr.png]
That looks great, Nin! Smile

[Image: xAGq2.png]
Any preference?
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Could we get the right one without a shirt?
I prefer the left one.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Zadaben
The shirtless one for sure.
But maybe give him a belt so that you can tell he is wearing pants.
[Image: Little_lamp_in_dark_room.jpg]

Thanked by: