The VG Resource
tFR:SDtW Non Gors Workshop - NEWS! (05/31) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+----- Thread: tFR:SDtW Non Gors Workshop - NEWS! (05/31) (/thread-19628.html)

tFR:SDtW Non Gors Workshop - NEWS! (05/31) - [robo9] - 02-24-2012

Also known as the FRUnsureDtWN-GWs

This is the thread for anyone other than Gors to work on sprites for Fighters Resource. This is also the thread for CC and etc on said sprites. However, they must be in the same style as the rest of the sprites in FR, use Gors's palette, animation shouldn't be more than 4 frames, etc.

Also, please no begging for anyone else to do your character. Another thing to avoid an influx of random, unknown new members from posting in this, you must have been visiting this site for atleast 2 months.

If you wish to sprite someone else's character for this project, you must have that person's permission first.

I may revise this post later on

READ ME

Complementing what robo9 said, you may make a full character OR an assist character. If you feel you can make a full character with all the poses, go ahead. If you want something easier to make, go for assist characters.

I am saying this because I really don't want to see imcomplete sheets in this thread. If you can't cope with the workload, your character won't be included. Be warned!!

TUTORIAL WITH THE UPDATED COLOR PALETTE.

[Image: UqFAd.png]

MOTION BLUR TUTORIAL BY METARU.

[Image: Z8k4k.gif]

ANIMATION TUTORIAL BY GORS.

[Image: ibaoq7CIKF8VdK.gif]

since people are usually confused about what back/forward punch is, here are some visual examples:

BACK PUNCH: more evasive move which sends opponent flying, making him vulnerable to more attacks.
[Image: GcllN.gif]

Example of vulnerability exploitation:
[Image: Dr0J1.gif]

FORWARD PUNCH: powerful blow that sends opponents away.
[Image: PimAN.gif]

EXTRA: Some of Gilbert's moves. Some moves can be executed in air!
[Image: R7cBK.gif]

[Image: IETpr.gif]

[Image: fHuPI.gif]

BASIC MOVELIST:
  • IDLE
  • WALK FRONT
  • WALK BACK (IF NEEDED)
  • DUCK
  • JUMP IN PLACE (IF NEEDED)
  • JUMP FORWARD
  • JUMP BACKWARD (IF NEEDED)
  • PUNCH 1
  • PUNCH 2
  • FORWARD PUNCH
  • BACK PUNCH
  • DUCK PUNCH
  • JUMP PUNCH
  • KICK
  • KICK 2 (IF NEEDED)
  • FORWARD KICK
  • BACK KICK
  • DUCK KICK
  • JUMP KICK
  • DEFEND
  • DUCK DEFEND
  • AIR DEFEND
  • SPECIAL MOVE 1
  • SPECIAL MOVE 2
  • SPECIAL MOVE 3
  • GRAB
  • GRAB ATTACK
  • THROW
  • HIT
  • HARD HIT
  • DUCK HIT
  • JUMP HIT
  • FACEPLANT
  • KO
  • COMEBACK
  • STRAWBERRY
  • FROZEN
  • BURNT
  • DEPIXELIZED
  • MIDNIGHT MOE
  • WIN POSE 1
  • WIN POSE 2 (IF NEEDED)

All moves marked 'IF NEEDED' are optional.

The following ONLY applies to Zabaden.

(05-01-2012, 08:01 PM)Arisa Wrote:
Quote:@ Gors: What music program do you use? I would like to help with composing some music for the game if you would like.

I would like if you ACTUALLY WORKED ON YOUR PART OF THE PROJECT

aka your sprites

not other's sprites
not five different characters at the same time
not music

just

your sprites

You're literally asking for things you could help with, but you are showing little to no progress in your part at all

how am I supposed to trust you the soundtrack

if you can't even work on your part of the project at all, really

I am not denying your help, I just want you to talk less and make more. I don't mind if people want to help, but if you keep not doing anything for this project at all, I'll be forced to remove you from the project.

RE: Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Gaia - 02-24-2012

This one here I did for fun.

RE: Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Crappy Blue Luigi - 02-24-2012

[Image: QF2Gd.png]

i've made a good few updates to mine since i posted it in the main progress topic, but i'm still not sure it perfectly fits the style. help would be very appreciated.

RE: Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Gwen - 02-24-2012

[Image: 250v951.png]
Just posting my base sprite, I'll probably work on it after I'm done with my school game project along with my own.
Can't find the correct file, I noticed the color is off on this one, so I'll find em.

RE: Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Garamonde - 02-24-2012

Loving Gaia's, and Radular's is looking, well, radular and very in-style in my eyes.

(However it looks like he has shaving cream on his face Tongue)

RE: Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - recme - 02-24-2012

GOD, I'VE BEEN READY TO DO THIS SHIT!!

[Image: nPOx2.png]

As for blue luigi, soften the shoes.

RE: Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Crappy Blue Luigi - 02-24-2012

what do you mean by "soften"

RE: Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - StarSock64 - 02-24-2012

[Image: nErN8.png]

I just did this for fun earlier today, I don't really want to do anything with it.

RE: Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - recme - 02-24-2012

more like this I guess (I dunno)

[Image: TLc50.png]

RE: Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Sengir - 02-24-2012

Probably won't go anywhere because I loathe animating, but here, have a WiP:
[Image: TFR.png]

e: This also represents me finally getting on my arse and making a reference character

[Image: EOO0d.png]

i tried to study gilbert's sheet, mainly where there are outlines and where there aren't

shortened the right (our left) arm a bit to reduce the huge black section that used to be there

ALSO sengir, your guy looks pretty badass.

[Image: uIhU6.gif]

This was fun. C+C?

RE: Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Garamonde - 02-24-2012

Is that supposed to be his backwards walk? It looks more like he's dancing in place, lol.

RE: Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Sengir - 02-25-2012

[Image: TFR.png]
Legs

(Yes using Dropbox auto-updates the sheet but I'm reposting it because I'm a whore I'd like crit)

RE: Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Crappy Blue Luigi - 02-25-2012

(02-24-2012, 11:52 PM)recolorme Wrote: [Image: uIhU6.gif]

This was fun. C+C?

is this your idle? it's a little awkward. maybe have less leg/foot movement and have his arms come slowly closer in and back instead of quickly farther up and back.