Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I did some things
[Image: still_by_darkazam-d6ehk7v.png]
I did this thing, yeh-- and then got bored and did ...
[Image: idle_by_darkazam-d6ehk84.gif][Image: idle_by_darkazam-d6ei5m6.gif][Image: jump_by_darkazam-d6ehk81.gif][Image: jump_by_darkazam-d6ei5m3.gif]
these things.
Thanked by: Baegal, Star, TheGreatGatsby
It looks great zoomed in, but you lose the face readability at 1x. I don't think the face shadow color is necessary (if anything you can leave it on the ears)
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by: JellyFrog
ok so i tried taking out the face shading and just leaving it around the ear but it looked ... unusual.
[Image: still_by_darkazam-d6ei86g.png]
but i did change one teeeny tiny thing just above his eye so i'll go through the other frames to change that.
also tried a walk/creep type thing and
[Image: walk_by_darkazam-d6ei5lp.gif]
it just looked like hes pooped himself and is rushing to the toilet
Thanked by: Sengir
One thing I'd like to suggest with the animations is making his hair curl more bouncy. With the way it's styled I expected it to bounce.
[Image: DffP5jr.png]
Thanked by:
I agree with the criticism mentioned, but overall it does look really good. I especially like the stance.
[Image: okwksDc.png]
Thanked by:
a stance like that doesn't lead to a good walking animation; you will need to do it from scratch: make whole new frames instead of using the idle as a base.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
ok so im fairly ... aweful at walk animations so theres a chance i balls'd this up somewhere
[Image: walk2_by_darkazam-d6en66q.gif]
at the moment im kind of more focused on fixing the legs and arm movement and then i'll sort out the hair in pretty much everything that needs a little jiggle

---
[Image: duck_by_darkazam-d6eztsn.gif]
[Image: door_by_darkazam-d6eztsq.gif]
ducking and entering a door
Thanked by:
tile test? .. yeah tile test
[Image: 1s_by_darkazam-d6fmrvh.png]
[Image: 1b_by_darkazam-d6fms12.png]
Thanked by:
(07-22-2013, 03:50 PM)JellyFrog Wrote: ok so im fairly ... aweful at walk animations so theres a chance i balls'd this up somewhere
[Image: walk2_by_darkazam-d6en66q.gif]
at the moment im kind of more focused on fixing the legs and arm movement and then i'll sort out the hair in pretty much everything that needs a little jiggle

---
[Image: duck_by_darkazam-d6eztsn.gif]
[Image: door_by_darkazam-d6eztsq.gif]
ducking and entering a door

the ducking sprite doesn't look like it'll serve for any purpose, because it's just 3 pixels of difference. Sure, there are hitboxes and all to consider, but the visual part looks pointless.
ah yeah, i see what you mean.
If i were to actually do anything with all these sprites the duck would probably get replaced with the crawling instead.
[Image: n_by_darkazam-d6gl0ea.png]
a thingy thingy im using for a sort of homebrew tabletop kind of thing
BG lacks contrast and therefore looks really blurry. Increase the darker shade's darkness and tweak the midtones a little

Don't increase the overall contrast though, as you want to convey a dark dungeon-thingy, right?
Thanked by: Baegal, JellyFrog
ok so i played around with the colours and ended up with this
[Image: skifflewit_dungeon_1_by_darkazam-d6gs631.png]
(08-05-2013, 03:34 PM)JellyFrog Wrote: ok so i played around with the colours and ended up with this
[Image: skifflewit_dungeon_1_by_darkazam-d6gs631.png]

Hi, I'm absolutely in love with this, what exactly is this for, if you can give anymore details aside from homebrew tabletop thing Tongue
Either way keep it up, it looks fantastic!
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
Well, it WAS for a small group of people that wanted to go on some adventurerereres in a world i was working on- which was cool until they all decided to just stop doing things without any warning at all.
[Image: skiffleout_by_darkazam-d6ivkrp.png]

[Image: skiffleout_by_darkazam-d6ivlzt.png]
a test of some outside stuff
Thanked by: Gwen, Baegal
Looking great, loving the shading! The only issue I see is the bottom picture's bottom-right - I can't tell what that is.
Thanked by: