The VG Resource

Full Version: I did some things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: still_by_darkazam-d6ehk7v.png]
I did this thing, yeh-- and then got bored and did ...
[Image: idle_by_darkazam-d6ehk84.gif][Image: idle_by_darkazam-d6ei5m6.gif][Image: jump_by_darkazam-d6ehk81.gif][Image: jump_by_darkazam-d6ei5m3.gif]
these things.
It looks great zoomed in, but you lose the face readability at 1x. I don't think the face shadow color is necessary (if anything you can leave it on the ears)
ok so i tried taking out the face shading and just leaving it around the ear but it looked ... unusual.
[Image: still_by_darkazam-d6ei86g.png]
but i did change one teeeny tiny thing just above his eye so i'll go through the other frames to change that.
also tried a walk/creep type thing and
[Image: walk_by_darkazam-d6ei5lp.gif]
it just looked like hes pooped himself and is rushing to the toilet
One thing I'd like to suggest with the animations is making his hair curl more bouncy. With the way it's styled I expected it to bounce.
I agree with the criticism mentioned, but overall it does look really good. I especially like the stance.
a stance like that doesn't lead to a good walking animation; you will need to do it from scratch: make whole new frames instead of using the idle as a base.
ok so im fairly ... aweful at walk animations so theres a chance i balls'd this up somewhere
[Image: walk2_by_darkazam-d6en66q.gif]
at the moment im kind of more focused on fixing the legs and arm movement and then i'll sort out the hair in pretty much everything that needs a little jiggle

---
[Image: duck_by_darkazam-d6eztsn.gif]
[Image: door_by_darkazam-d6eztsq.gif]
ducking and entering a door
tile test? .. yeah tile test
[Image: 1s_by_darkazam-d6fmrvh.png]
[Image: 1b_by_darkazam-d6fms12.png]
(07-22-2013, 03:50 PM)JellyFrog Wrote: [ -> ]ok so im fairly ... aweful at walk animations so theres a chance i balls'd this up somewhere
[Image: walk2_by_darkazam-d6en66q.gif]
at the moment im kind of more focused on fixing the legs and arm movement and then i'll sort out the hair in pretty much everything that needs a little jiggle

---
[Image: duck_by_darkazam-d6eztsn.gif]
[Image: door_by_darkazam-d6eztsq.gif]
ducking and entering a door

the ducking sprite doesn't look like it'll serve for any purpose, because it's just 3 pixels of difference. Sure, there are hitboxes and all to consider, but the visual part looks pointless.
ah yeah, i see what you mean.
If i were to actually do anything with all these sprites the duck would probably get replaced with the crawling instead.
[Image: n_by_darkazam-d6gl0ea.png]
a thingy thingy im using for a sort of homebrew tabletop kind of thing
BG lacks contrast and therefore looks really blurry. Increase the darker shade's darkness and tweak the midtones a little

Don't increase the overall contrast though, as you want to convey a dark dungeon-thingy, right?
ok so i played around with the colours and ended up with this
[Image: skifflewit_dungeon_1_by_darkazam-d6gs631.png]
(08-05-2013, 03:34 PM)JellyFrog Wrote: [ -> ]ok so i played around with the colours and ended up with this
[Image: skifflewit_dungeon_1_by_darkazam-d6gs631.png]

Hi, I'm absolutely in love with this, what exactly is this for, if you can give anymore details aside from homebrew tabletop thing Tongue
Either way keep it up, it looks fantastic!
Well, it WAS for a small group of people that wanted to go on some adventurerereres in a world i was working on- which was cool until they all decided to just stop doing things without any warning at all.
[Image: skiffleout_by_darkazam-d6ivkrp.png]

[Image: skiffleout_by_darkazam-d6ivlzt.png]
a test of some outside stuff
Looking great, loving the shading! The only issue I see is the bottom picture's bottom-right - I can't tell what that is.
Pages: 1 2