Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts
It's January 28th, and you know what that means...

What's this? My Pokémon GFBMDL script is evolving! *music plays*

[Image: tKgtCZF.png]

Congratulations! Your GFBMDL script has evolved into a GFBMDL and TRMDL script! Yep, Pokémon Legends: Arceus uses a variant on the GFBMDL model format seen in Let's Go and Sword/Shield, so one script rewrite later, and...
Code:
Added support for Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
Fixed models refusing to import in 3DS Max 2021 (the "twoSided" error was due to it trying to apply "Standard" material settings to a "Physical" material, which apparently is the new default).

https://mega.nz/file/GkwF1QiK#VuNPb2qIQ-...o6ijdTK24c

Models are all housed in the usual spot. Also, important things to note -- the majority of the game's models (including all of the Pokémon themselves) all use colour masks, so don't be surprised if you convert textures only to find out that they're pure white. The layer mask ("lym") textures do all of the heavy lifting, and I've set up my script to automatically colourize the models if you've batch-converted the BNTX files directly to PNG. Also, player trainer models have to be imported in a specific order -- p2_base0001_00_default first, and then either p1_face0001_00_default for Rei, or p2_face0001_00_default for Akari. Afterwards, the other model parts can be imported in any order. Common NPCs (the "cc" folder) require you to import cc_base0001_00_young_m before any outfit or head models, and, uh... They all use the exact same bone structure. Enjoy seeing cursed proportions for a bunch of 'em!

(...Now to get around to fixing up a few other scripts of mine. Eventually.)

(EDIT: Did another adjustment to said script.)
Code:
Tweaked Pokémon Legends: Arceus models to correctly use Physical materials if using 3DS Max 2017 or above, and build / assign roughness and metalness maps accordingly.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - by Random Talking Bush - 01-28-2022, 08:47 AM