Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts
(11-17-2018, 06:37 AM)CHEMI6DER Wrote: Thanks for the script! I have a few questions about it: are the texture coordinates supposed to be messed up when I import it?(like in the screenshot below) and are there any plans to support automatically importing normals, ambient and fur maps?(related to the same model as in the screenshot)
[Image: HvLqcWT.png]
Also a question about the BNTX converter: some textures are messed up no matter in which software I open them with. I've noticed that those textures usually have some colour channels remapped(for example ch0-luminance and ch1-alpha and ch2/ch3 empty). Is there a way to fix this(or should I just use something different that XNShell?, though I remember that VisualStudio properly showed some of those .dds files)?
The texturing being like that for the Pokémon's models is pretty much how they were for the 3DS games too. Check the Listener window for any "MatUVScaleU" entries. If it's set to 2.0, then you need to mirror the textures accordingly (either directly editing the textures, or by going into the texture properties and enabling the "Mirror" check for the U axis).

As for texture conversion, Noesis should do the trick, since a number of them are using DX10-based formats which I know not everything supports correctly. Also I'm not sure how I'd go about automatically applying all of the other textures (or by extension the R/G/B layers for the AMB textures) since the parameters are sometimes set up on a per-model basis, plus the labels used for them can be a little inconsistent at times (I needed to have four different labels just for the diffuse, for example).

(11-17-2018, 12:29 PM)cruizeez96 Wrote: This is awesome, thank you! I can only find models for buildings and battle effects (I think). Where did you find the rival model? Most of the player models I found were GFPAK files.

Will you also try your hand at the GFPAK files? Would love to get those NPC models exported. Thanks again!
Check out the ripping project thread -- I've got the pre-unpacked/renamed files in the link in the first post.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - by Random Talking Bush - 11-17-2018, 07:31 PM