Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
tFR:SDtW Non Gors Workshop - NEWS! (05/31)
I'm still probably going to iron out a few things, but for now it's finished more or less.
Dumb question, but what purpose does fluttershy have there? I mean, she's an official character (although Teddy is too, but he's part of your midnight moe), was it there just because or a test dummy for your attacks?
Thanked by:
Honestly, I wanted a special that, instead of hurting the opponent, stuns them, but I couldn't think of a good idea so I went with the stare. Honestly, if it's an issue I can change it, but it works pretty well for what it is. Originally I was going to ask if it was alright, but I figured anyone who didn't like the show would say it isn't alright based on a bias towards the show. But like I said, if it's breaking some rule I overlooked, then I'll remove it.
Thanked by: Previous, Gwen
But doesn't everyone else's Moe use official characters? I don't see the issue here unless I'm misunderstanding what you meant.
Otherwise, I know seeing an MLP character in a TSR game is going to be strange, but personally, I'm okay with it seeing how I'm neutral towards the series (not a fan myself but I respect anyone who likes it as long as they're reasonable about it).
In the end it's up to Gors whether it's okay, but overall I figure since it's his character's moveset he's free to do pretty much do as he likes with it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I looked again and I guess Fluttershy isn't part of his Midnight Moe. My bad.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: [robo9]
I mainly added it since my moves are based more on personal things like interests and what not. I enjoy the show (But just to be clear, I don't bug people to watch it, I don't buy the toys or any of that crap) but yeah like I said, if it's really an issue, I can think of something else.
Thanked by:
No, I was just only curious as (I would perfer) to see how each special works in text form so that way it would avoid confusion, sorry for the mixup. I know moes use official characters as a base, but seeing them outside a move (the RX-72's Sheild being held by Metaru, thus appearing in spirit) would look strange if it isin't animated. again, sorry.

I don't know how you guys come up with moves overtime easier than I do, either.
Thanked by:
That reminds me, I should probably add text to explain my specials... well, the first two anyways. The first one (those colorful flying squids from Midas Machine) swarm the screen thus making it hard to see. My main idea with them is that, along with distracting the opponent, is that they prevent them from using their special for a few seconds.

Idk if it works since I don't play fighting games, but I wanted my specials to work in different ways to fit the situations.
1. Defend
2. Stun
3. Attack
Thanked by:
it all depends on robo's capabilities
Thanked by: Gaia
I'm fully capable of doing both, I just have to get off my lazy ass to code.
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
http://i.imgur.com/vAX8I.png

More sketches of what I plan to do, I like where the headbutt is going, the backfist might need work though.

I'd do more, but I feel sick again. Ded Damn spring cold.

EDIT:

Added a couple more tonight. I'm getting more confident with the sketches as I go, so maybe soon I'll start making more finalized frames, but probably after I decide all the viable moves I intend to use.

The Dive special is essentially just M Bison's Psycho Crusher, but it can be used in the air, and when it is the dive arcs down and then up instead of going straight. The Medallion move is an anti-air projectile. It shoots a projectile down towards the ground that then bounces up and goes up diagonally. This can be done in the air too, going down diagonally and then up once it hits the ground.

[Image: JWTkI.png]

I'm noticing that compared to others Guycott is turning out pretty large, so he should probably be slower than most. I kind of wanted him to be floaty and awkward like Dhalsim from Street Fighter.

The one thing I KNOW I will need help with when I really get into this is motion blur. As you can see my sketchy stuff is pretty garbage-worthy.

[Image: 1XJp7.png]
Updated with Defend at bottom.
[Image: 81397fb4e23ed1f847496a93f97ba0cb.gif]
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Guess I've found who I'm maining.
Guess some of use won't be able to decide who to main because so many of these are ridiculously awesometastic radular.
[Image: o6U3O.gif] ->[Image: 9i69u.gif]
I'm revising the animations I've already done.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

[Image: chrism.png]

You're doing deep shadowing but I think you need to maintain the outlines on the hand and knee pad. You did it for the bicep that's in the dark. Also, I think you overdid the shadowing on the chest part thought but it's mostly up to you because it's kind of coming off to me as a character design where his skin is changed from one half to another because it is so symmetrically shadowed, not because it is stricken by light from our left. Always been a fan btw Smile