Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
tFR:SDtW Non Gors Workshop - NEWS! (05/31)
Just curious, but as a fighter, would this kind of... Thing - Be accepted?

EDIT: ORIGINAL PLAN GOING FORWARD, heh.

Just so you know, this is NOT a finalised sprite by any means - The palette and anatomy are wrong (amongst other things), I'm just seeing if the character itself is okay, or if I should go for a more human style. Either is fine by me.
Thanked by: Gwen, Garamonde
uh

what's that exactly
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: recme
Rofl. Don't know really. I'll finish up the human sprite instead, haha.
Thanked by:
Uhh.. it looks like a smurf that interbred with a dragon..? I don't know, go with the human option. :\
Thanked by: recme
I didn't even get to see it. Blank
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Zadaben, Ploaj
motivational time, courtesy of Gors

Dudes, just making you all know that we're already better than this paid computer game.

look at how much effort our community put in tFR so far! Let's not lose to that piece of shit game! C:
I had an idea for my standard kick attacks and I wanted to post it to make sure it would be doable.

Basically, my first kick... wouldn't be a kick... It would be my character dropping a random item. It wouldn't go far (about 1 block in front of him) and it owuld always do the same amount of damage.

Now, if you use the second kick while the object is still in front of you, this one actually being a kick, the item will be punted a good distance. Also, the item will now do a specific damage based on what it is (a few will do less that just dropping it, some will do the same amount, and one will be rare and do a lot). If the first kick hit the enemy, it causes the object to despawn, meaning you won't be able to preform the second kick.

Idk if that sounds to complicated, but the end result would be that of a short range attack, followed by a long range attack. Also, the second part doesn't have to be so specific (as in, each item can do the same amount of damage if it helps).

This attack is based on my irl habit of punting things across rooms instead of putting them where I try to punt them (phone, wallet, keys, ect).
Thanked by: Zadaben
That honestly sounds better suited as a special imo
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
Hmmm... Really? I guess it could work as a special. I'm guessing in that case it would be one quick, drop item, then kick instead of two separate attacks?
Thanked by:
Or it just drops the item and a kick, punch, etc would set it off. This could lead to placing several of the items down on the ground and kicking them into eachother. I don't know, random suggestion
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
K, based on what you said, I came up with an attack, and it allows me to use some enemy design from a game I made a while back. Basically, he'll call one of these guys to the stage, after which the battle will continue. If the enemy is hit, it will get knocked flying, becoming a projectile. Either Chaoxys or his opponent can hit the enemy, making it a risky move. Also, my idea is that the amount of damage they do varies, ranging from a Mr. Saturn like dud to a rare explosive blast.

[Image: l8ok4.jpg]
In the game, the battery would shock you if touched (duh) so I'm thinking it could be more of a trap, as in, if you attack it, you'll be in for a shocking surprise.

Would this idea work for a special (or some variation of it).

Also, an early WIP for the disco uppercut.
[Image: 330fij4.jpg]
Mostly me setting out a plan.
Thanked by: Gwen, Garamonde
(04-11-2012, 12:14 AM)Chaoxys Wrote: Also, an early WIP for the disco uppercut.
[Image: 330fij4.jpg]
Mostly me setting out a plan.

(04-10-2012, 02:16 PM)Gors Wrote: exxagerate that pose more, make the legs more far apart, the more absurd, the better.

imo, I can't see that as an attack, it looks more like a taunt, maybe because it kinda lacks impact?

Also I don't know how early of a WIP this is but, an upper cut should at least hit in front of your character, not on the back (unless it's some sort of bizarre gimmick which I don't think would work with this engine), so you may want to change the hand Tongue
Thanked by:
another protip: those who want to make "exotic" poses and shit like that, take Pocket Fighters as a reference.
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
[Image: kkmreference.png]

Some updates, still can't figure out how to make a fridge. My idea was to have the fridge teleport like a TARDIS into the field, the door opens and the assist shoots a laser, door closes and it vworp vworps away.

Also attempted to give him a fighting idle that was supposed to look silly, but I think it may look a bit too jitterish

[Image: idle.gif]

I think one of the issues here is that I only reused his face, the rest was re-drawn every frame. Which with sprites doesn't work as well? Still, it looks eeech anyway.
maybe you need to lower the speed a tad, so it doesn't look like he's having a spaz or tantrum while fighting.