Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)
tFR:SDtW Non Gors Workshop - NEWS! (05/31)
I finally did some work. Gorsal helped me get the stripes on the angled ones right.

[Image: 0DMUk.png]
[Image: Ici75.gif]

Slide, slide!
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
(03-25-2012, 06:38 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: I finally did some work. Gorsal helped me get the stripes on the angled ones right.

[Image: 0DMUk.png]
[Image: Ici75.gif]

Slide, slide!

I AM SIMMERING WITH RAGE.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Finalization has begun. Dash moves were based off of Marvel vs Capcom's Jin and Gatling Gun is special #2, and the Thunder move is the third special. I'm gonna start on the spritality tomorrow, as it took me awhile to finish. Making the finishing touches will be another story.
Thanked by: Garamonde
i wonder why you havent realised about the detail of the size of his thighs switching back and fort on each frame.

or how it seems that you have not made an animation of said frames to actually check if these work fluently between each other. most of the blurs look rather odd(you dont seem to understand what they are suposed to do), and i'm even afraid that some of the frames are simply eyeballed from something else, if not edited.

those are very important details that affect your sprite as a whole.
It was edited, yes. To only speed things up. It was taking way too fucking long making this (two months, really!), so when I finish the "Midnight Moe'd" sprite (have her walk off the stage in annoyance), and I'll start from scratch...Again. Only this time at least I know what all three specials will be.

Shit's taking forever and I'm starting to see hues of green. That ain't right.

[Image: okpcmg.png]

And Moe.. In the works!
Thanked by:
(03-25-2012, 05:26 PM)Sengir Wrote: [Image: senpunalt.gif]
SAVE YOURSELVES SENGIR IS ENTERING PUN FORM

He chats a giant pun in a textbox and it falls on the opponent.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
(03-26-2012, 12:23 PM)Gaia Wrote: It was edited, yes. To only speed things up. It was taking way too fucking long making this (two months, really!), so when I finish the "Midnight Moe'd" sprite (have her walk off the stage in annoyance), and I'll start from scratch...Again. Only this time at least I know what all three specials will be.

Shit's taking forever and I'm starting to see hues of green. That ain't right.

[Image: okpcmg.png]

And Moe.. In the works!

no one forces you to do this. you can always aim to be an assist. but if you are going to set yourself as a playabe character, at least have the decency of put some quality on your work. is your character. its your sinature on the whole thing.

that "make edits to gain time" is one huge pile of bullshit you dont need on your side. either do it, or don't do anything. because in the end, you'll end scrapping everything and sending everything to hell.
[Image: 11js002.png]

Starting from scratch then.
I feel really bad for you starting completely over. I hope you make the right choice. :/

[Image: BJkKs.gif]
WIP, still have to the finishing move along with the speech bubble (omae wa mou shindeiru in kanji).

Just finished the space hopper animation (Special 3):
[Image: U6xFi.gif]

KO animation done:
[Image: crH0g.gif]
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

[Image: Drwj1.gif]

Backflip! Had to use 6 frames instead of 4 for this to stop it looking horrifically choppy.
I think your main issue is with the keyframes. Why have two frames at the pinnacle of the jump? Why not one in which your character is horizontal? You could do this with 4-5 frames.
Including a non-crouching frame will help emphasize on the power of the jump.

Thanked by:
Slightly revised the placement of the frames. One of those "pinnacle" frames actually shouldn't have been at the pinnacle, really. I also sped it up slightly, and added a standing frame to get a better impression of it.

[Image: E7XUO.gif]

EDIT: Again, slightly revised and slowed down the whole thing to stop it looking like he's wearing a broken jetpack.

[Image: sl0kP.gif]
Thanked by:
Is that frame before he lands really necessary?

Thanked by: Crappy Blue Luigi
My main issue with it seems to be the backflip as a whole.

It seems really... fake, I guess? Based on what I've seen, to do one from a standstill requires putting some power into the jump, and your character isn't displaying that very well. Not just the liftoff, but the landing seems kinda off too.

You've got this very chill character effortlessly preforming a backflip for just about no reason(except rule of cool) when he could more effectively(and believably) just do normal backwards jump. It's not even like the flip is part of an attack.

Then again I may just be applying character-design psychology at a time where I shouldn't be.
Thanked by:
(03-27-2012, 05:49 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: Is that frame before he lands really necessary?

It's mainly there because his legs are in the opposite position to the crouch, so he can bring them back towards how there are upon landing.

Having said that, I can probably get rid of it. I might redo this animation anyway,

(03-27-2012, 06:01 PM)Ekoi Wrote: My main issue with it seems to be the backflip as a whole.

It seems really... fake, I guess? Based on what I've seen, to do one from a standstill requires putting some power into the jump, and your character isn't displaying that very well. Not just the liftoff, but the landing seems kinda off too.

You've got this very chill character effortlessly preforming a backflip for just about no reason(except rule of cool) when he could more effectively(and believably) just do normal backwards jump. It's not even like the flip is part of an attack.

Then again I may just be applying character-design psychology at a time where I shouldn't be.

Well, part of the point of the character is to be pointlessly flamboyant and chill (which is why the original walk animation was just a generic walk rather than a run). This will become more apparent in some of his attacking animations, and in particular, his specials. I understand your point, and I may well do the animation again, but if possible, I would like to keep the backflip.
Thanked by: