[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Things About Games You've Never Found Out About Until Later
The thread to encompass ALL threads about this~

What are some of the things you've found out about games later, that you never actually experienced in game for yourself?

To offer a recent example, I never knew that there was actually a time limit on the Legend of Zelda the Minish Cap, regarding the bell tolling 3 times. I always just plowed my way through no problem, but if you fool around long enough....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LGAwr0vpoM
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
I never knew you could actually pick up the broken pieces of a sign in Twilight Princess. (And all the glitchy shenanigans that can follow up)
(01-24-2014, 07:52 AM)Gors Wrote: those are really fucking classy surnames you've got there

[Image: tumblr_npvw95As6k1tzzv2wo1_540.gif]
Thanked by:
did you guys know you can tongue up in yoshi's island
I used to blindly worship Miyamoto, thinking he was the one responsible for making all the things I loved. I would say while playing Paper Mario for the first time "Wow! Miyamoto is a genius!" only to find out he wasn't responsible for any of the things I loved. In fact he's actively fighting against those things!

Thanked by: Kriven, SchAlternate, Phaze
i didnt learn about soda lake until i tried to 100% super mario advance 2 (like 4-5 years ago) and i by sheer chance flew to the secret exit leading to it

i always thought torpedo teds were just unused enemies
Thanked by:
Teds are also used in the Ghost Ship.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
(09-09-2013, 05:23 AM)Kriven Wrote: Teds are also used in the Ghost Ship.

Nope. Sunken Ghost Ship only has Bullet Bills. Torpedo Teds are exclusive to Soda Lake only.

Over a decade after playing Super Mario Bros. 3 did I find out about a secret portion of the Desert Hill map on the far right. Mind was blown.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:
samus is a girl

mind=blown
Seriously doe, that trick you could do with ness and samus in Super Smash Bros back in the 64 days had my friends and I giggling and blushing like the 8-9 year olds we were.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
(09-09-2013, 12:10 PM)Gwen Wrote: Seriously doe, that trick you could do with ness and samus in Super Smash Bros back in the 64 days had my friends and I giggling and blushing like the 8-9 year olds we were.

What trick?
(01-24-2014, 07:52 AM)Gors Wrote: those are really fucking classy surnames you've got there

Thanked by:
I can't remember exactly, but you use ness to shock her, pause the screen and BEHOLVery Sad Giant pyramid boobs.
As you can imagine, us 8-9 year olds were stunned.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: Kriven, SchAlternate, Goemar
(09-09-2013, 08:52 AM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: Nope. Sunken Ghost Ship only has Bullet Bills. Torpedo Teds are exclusive to Soda Lake only.

Over a decade after playing Super Mario Bros. 3 did I find out about a secret portion of the Desert Hill map on the far right. Mind was blown.

Oh... I could'a sworn they were in there...
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
I learned that there was a secret boss in Okami. I had played through it 3-4 times and a few years later I learn that you can fight a secret boss if you return to the windmill dungeon. Keep in mind that I was on New Game + (5th playthrough) at this point so I was OP'd and had a ton of items. The boss kicked my ass.
Thanked by:
When I first played Kirby's Adventure, I went through the entire game without knowing about his copy ability.
(Although, sometimes I randomly got one without knowing how.)
Thanked by:
(09-09-2013, 03:45 PM)Gwen Wrote: I can't remember exactly, but you use ness to shock her, pause the screen and BEHOLVery Sad Giant pyramid boobs.
As you can imagine, us 8-9 year olds were stunned.

Oh, that. Ha ha yeah, I always did that with Pikachu Cute

Thanked by: