The VG Resource

Full Version: Best-looking GBA games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Simple question: What are your picks for the GBA games with the best sprites and textures? I'm getting into spriting and looking for inspiration. Also I just like looking at really nice sprites. Also I just like talking about video games.

My picks are Minish Cap and FRLG.

(Apologies if this is not the right forum, I wasn't sure.)
In terms of GBA RPGs, you can include the Golden Sun games. They are most known for their graphics and soundtracks.
Gunstar Future Heroes or Wario Land 4
Iridion
mother 3 has my favorite pixel art style, and it's a great game too
sonic advance 1-3, dragon ball advanced adventure, minish cap
The Legacy of Goku games after the first one. (The first one had super-stiff sprites - the later games made their animations a bit more dynamic and varied.)
(06-13-2017, 07:12 AM)Goemar Wrote: [ -> ]Wario Land 4
(06-13-2017, 10:52 AM)LydiaPurp105 Wrote: [ -> ]dragon ball advanced adventure

Both great games with great art, WL4 in particular has a really interesting style. I also remember Metroid Fusion having some pretty good spritework.
the mario bros. remake looks really nice too
I'm all about the Fire Emblem attack animation on the GBA. Really good stuff.
Oh yeah, I love the art from Advance Wars. Especially the character portraits and battle animations.
The best graphics I've seen on the GBA are from a little-known gem called Wade Hixton's Counter Punch. It plays a lot like Punch Out.
rolling sky
(07-26-2017, 09:15 PM)WendyLong Wrote: [ -> ]The best graphics I've seen on the GBA are from a little-known gem called Wade Hixton's Counter Punch. It plays a lot like Punch Out.
rolling sky

uhhh

what's with the link? >.>
I don't know why they put it there, but I ended up playing that stupid thing for about an hour instead of sleeping last night x.x;
Big fan of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. The graphics are really vibrant and are generally expressive, as the sprites are really well animated (minus a few of them). I know some complain how the game's sprites are "overused", but don't let that one issue make up your mind about the game's art.

I mean, look how huge the Luigi sheet is just for how much detail was put into the game's sprite work.

[Image: 7542.png]
Pages: 1 2