The VG Resource

Full Version: Metroid from Mario - "Mariotroid"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, I'm pretty doubtful that these are wanted here, but they're severe edits (in some cases I literally just deleted the sprite I was going to edit, so those are totally custom) of Mario sprites into Metroid sprites. Either way, I'd rather post them and have them rejected than not post them at all. Tongue

I have no clue who ripped the original Mario and Luigi sprites, since I obtained them in January 2005 and they don't have any credits on the sheet aside from "A tribute to VGDG" and "Determined Luigi from Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom," which were next to two specific sprites that I didn't include. I'm pretty sure I took the enemy sprites from here.

Without further ado... Ta-da!
[Image: metroidmariojk5.png]
By deprogrammer

Resources used:
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/448/mushhousesmv1.png
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/2159/...oidur1.jpg (Saw it on a forum)
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4020/marioluigiqx2.png (No idea where that came from)
http://tsgk.captainn.net/index.php?p=sheetinfo&t=676
lol these r awesome! Wink
This is still a made up character, and won't be accepted, regardless of quality.
Well, not exactly... I mean, the main chunk of it is Samus with a mustache. But the enemies are definitely Metroid enemies, just done in a Super Mario World style. Smile
No offense, but I wouldn't go that far and call that Super Mario World Style.

Anyways, as Unknown stated, this is a made up character - wheter it's a mixture of mario and samus or not.
Besides that, Marimus and Luimus have pillow-shades helmets and stuff. Also you've got like a bunch of different shades in some pallete banks and still no contrast.
Shading on that space ship looks terrible, sorry. Have you thought of using a fixed lightsource for all of those sprites? The lighsource varies from spite to sprite - that shouldn't be!

All in all, I'd say that even if there wasn't the fact of the made up characters, this wouldn't be accepted the way it is - it needs a lot of work.
(11-06-2008, 03:06 PM)BanefulKid Wrote: [ -> ]Besides that, Marimus and Luimus have pillow-shades helmets and stuff. Also you've got like a bunch of different shades in some pallete banks and still no contrast.
Shading on that space ship looks terrible, sorry. Have you thought of using a fixed lightsource for all of those sprites? The lighsource varies from spite to sprite - that shouldn't be!
Nope. I took the light sources and shading styles from the original sprites.
It's made-up, bro.
A part of it is. Again, the enemies are regular Metroid enemies.
The enemies don't really compensate. And even if they did, I'd ask you to remove the other part, which is the actual main purpose of the sheet.
(11-06-2008, 05:23 PM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]...the other part, which is the actual main purpose of the sheet.
Hey, now, where do you get that idea? The point was Metroid stuff based on Mario stuff, not "Mario-Samus and maybe throw in some enemies." (The fact that Mario-Samus takes up the largest portion of the sheet is directly due to the fact that Mario-Samus requires more poses than the enemies do.) I would gladly (okay, sadly) remove the largest chunk if you found the enemies an acceptable addition.
They're not much in an acceptable quality, I'm afraid.

Moving to Sprite Discussion for improvement and critique.
here's some advice.

get rid of mario and luigi and the retarded flying mushroom, and replace them with samus. seriously, mariotroid? what were you thinking, that's rediculous.
then fix the enemies- they have to many colours for SMW style.
make a zoomer too, you have other common metroid enemies on the sheet, why not a zoomer?

or, if you don't feel like it, i know another site that will probably accept this.
They're not very good quality, but haha, I love the idea. XP
... as a pixel-artist, I'd say these are far from ready for submission
... as a critic, I'd say this is not worthwhile for tSR to upload, period. Fusions don't make it.
... as a fan of both these series, I feel offended.

... as a mod, I'm gonna tell King Metroid not to advertise. (Even in jest, I'm sure, but srsly.)
(11-09-2008, 08:50 AM)Zee Wrote: [ -> ]... as a mod, I'm gonna tell King Metroid not to advertise. (Even in jest, I'm sure, but srsly.)
:P
Pages: 1 2 3