The VG Resource

Full Version: 3DS Ripping Catch-All Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
This is a thread to discuss the 3DS ripping that's spreading at an amazing rate. If you want to post about progress and stuff, do so here. If you want to post some simple tutorials to follow, do so here!

I'll update this post with any major information that comes about for people that want to get involved.

If you want to list what you're currently ripping, I'll try to form some sort of list in this post too.

I'm almost finished with Project X Zone, had to take a bit of a break though. Only about 12 more characters to go I think. I'll try to get those done this week.
I would love to rip some sprites from Tomodachi Life, but unfortunately I don't have the tools or knowledge to rip 3DS sprites.

As for models, I'm looking to rip from Animal Crossing: New Leaf, both Zelda games, HarmoKnight, and BlazBlue: Clonephantasma.
How do we extract the stuff from Nintendo 3DS games? That is the part that I don't understand.
I  have a 3DS But don't have a flashcart.  TBH, I kinda want a RAM Dump of Kirby Triple Deluxe.  Might not have much luck But hey I could try.

@lilothesticth:   There's a way of creating a RAM Dump with a 3DS that has a firmware under 2.5 and a Flashcart. 
So I finished converting the files in Fire Emblem: Awakening's face folder, and it appears that only villain portraits are in there... and Robin because (spoiler), but not female Robin. Very strange...
The Virion face that I used for testing was apparently an odd one out. There is also one for Anna.
I looked through ever single files in the romfs, and none of them were the portraits. Odd...
There is a folder in the map section labeled units, but it only contains one image, and it's of Laurent in sorcerer class.
I really don't understand the organization here .-.

On to more interesting news. Teawater is a file guru. He was able to figure quite a bit of the image info files. I've been working with the information he's been giving me, and I can sort of extract the individual pieces correctly. Once that's done, we basically just need to figure out the animation part.
That may take a while...
Bit of mixed news there Ploaj... I wouldn't mind taking a look at the files and seeing if I can make heads or tails of the arrangement of files.
It's not the arrangement, really. I just... can't find the files? I opened up pretty much EVERYTHING, and none of them are the portraits, or even map sprites.
I'm pretty curious as to why that is. I even searched the files from the inside by reading bytes and checking, but nothing.
Maybe they are in a different part of the rom? I might look around some other time.

Progress of Mario & Luigi!
Turns out, I had an error in my code that caused the images to come out weird. I need to pay more attention.
But now it can extract the image parts!
[Image: AXcvw8T.png]
We're getting so close. I just hope that sprite rotation isn't part of the animation...as we can't replicated that exactly...
Teawater is a really helpful guy Smile
Who is this Teawater?
[Image: yxz9u0o.png]

[Image: w2DtKPU.png]

[Image: 9eNvCFB.gif]

*whistles non-nonchalantly*
(10-06-2014, 07:17 PM)Mystie Wrote: [ -> ]Who is this Teawater?

Teawater the creator of Yoshi Magic, a sprite viewer and extractor for Superstar Saga and Partners in Time (and a little bit of BIS).

@Ploaj: Awesome job! Kudos to Teawater as well for his undoubtedly invaluable help!
Holy crapola.

Ploaj, if you want me to help sheet things up, I'm totally happy to help out.
If you could show me how to use whatever code is being used to extract those M&L sprites, I'd be happy to see what I can do to help.
(10-06-2014, 10:18 AM)nateismyname Wrote: [ -> ]I  have a 3DS But don't have a flashcart.  TBH, I kinda want a RAM Dump of Kirby Triple Deluxe.  Might not have much luck But hey I could try.

@lilothesticth:   There's a way of creating a RAM Dump with a 3DS that has a firmware under 2.5 and a Flashcart. 
I don't have a flashcart.
Well, the ripper isn't 100% yet, but it's getting there.
Some images had pieces that needed to be rotate, but I think I've taken care of that. I don't have a way to check unless I find a sprite with a broken part, then open it up and see what the problem is.
I also don't know how to detect image format. Some images use more bits for alpha than other, so they don't come out right. However, that only applies to certain characters as a whole. I can just do it manually, probably.

I made my ripper export them in sheets with the frames for that particular animation!
There are quite a bit of old style sprites, I assume they were place holders. I'm guessing from BIS.
[Image: ucc6ywI.png]
Do any of the new characters from Dream Team (like Antasma, Dreambert, other Pi'illos, etc) have BIS style sprites?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31