The VG Resource

Full Version: Let's Play - Shin Megami Tensei/Digital Devil Story (SFC/SNES)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I'll start my first Let's Play, with Shin Megami Tensei. It's also the precursor to the Persona series.

[Image: aZz21Fb.png]
It's a game I've wanted to play for a while, and discovering Aeon Genesis's English patch has made me finally decide to give it a go.

It's a game which takes its premise from the novel Digital Devil Story by Aya Nishitani: demons invade our world through computers, and using your computer is a pivotal aspect of the game, allowing you to communicate with demons, checking the map, etc. It's a first person role playing game, like an old-school dungeon crawler.
One could say this game is proto-Pokémon, but its demon-aquiring system is a bit more intricate: you can bully, seduce or buy a demon to your side. Once they are in your party, you have to sustain them with Magnetite, and summon them for a fee.

Anyway, let's get started!

Cue mysterious music. I am in a pink labyrinth, which distorts. I make a couple of step forwards when suddenly:
I'm going to be honest, I'm useless at finding names for my characters.
Oh man, I'm a bit into this game right now and while I'm not a fan of first person dungeon crawlers, I must say SMT is surprisingly good.
The introduction to the game is rather long, so there'll probably be one more post like this and then it should be a lot lighter.
Continuing my foray into this labyrinth.