Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Let's Play - Shin Megami Tensei/Digital Devil Story (SFC/SNES)
Today I'll start my first Let's Play, with Shin Megami Tensei. It's also the precursor to the Persona series.

[Image: aZz21Fb.png]
It's a game I've wanted to play for a while, and discovering Aeon Genesis's English patch has made me finally decide to give it a go.

It's a game which takes its premise from the novel Digital Devil Story by Aya Nishitani: demons invade our world through computers, and using your computer is a pivotal aspect of the game, allowing you to communicate with demons, checking the map, etc. It's a first person role playing game, like an old-school dungeon crawler.
One could say this game is proto-Pokémon, but its demon-aquiring system is a bit more intricate: you can bully, seduce or buy a demon to your side. Once they are in your party, you have to sustain them with Magnetite, and summon them for a fee.

Anyway, let's get started!

Cue mysterious music. I am in a pink labyrinth, which distorts. I make a couple of step forwards when suddenly:
I'm going to be honest, I'm useless at finding names for my characters.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Oh man, I'm a bit into this game right now and while I'm not a fan of first person dungeon crawlers, I must say SMT is surprisingly good.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
The introduction to the game is rather long, so there'll probably be one more post like this and then it should be a lot lighter.
Continuing my foray into this labyrinth.

[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: psychospacecow