The VG Resource

Full Version: Kirby's Dream Land Remake Project [open to anyone]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THE [Image: W4sgVYh.gif]'S DREAM LAND REMAKE PROJECT
Last Update: 12/15/2013

INFO:
GENERAL

The Kirby's Dream Land Remake Project is about remaking the sprites for the Game Boy game, Kirby's Dream Land.
We are also going to add things Kirby (or any other enemy) couldn't do in this game, such as sliding, dashing, swimming etc.
Be aware that we are ONLY adding things that the characters can do now, so no Fire Hammer for King Dedede and such.

Once we are finished with the main portion of this project, we might plan to add stuff that wasn't in the original game, such as helpers, animal friends, copy abilities and newer enemies/bosses.
However, the focus right now lies in recreating the original Game Boy game, so don't jump headfirst into a character that won't help reaching that goal.

ABOUT THE STYLE
  • You can give the sprites some artistic flavor/redesign if needed.
  • When making a sprite, please try to base it off their latest design/size. See the Kirby Wiki or TSR's Sprite Database for reference.
  • Most of the times, you are supposed to mimic official sprites for their animations.
  • You can use as much colors as you want for background tiles. Although, the line art needs to be grey and/or without outlines
  • Even if there isnt a color limit for background tiles, you really shouldn't use the pallete. Stick some of your own colors!
  • Sizes for backround tiles are 24x24
  • Sizes for main characters/enemies are 32x32
  • If the character is huge, then you can put the 32x32 boxes together in order to make a bigger square.
  • Black outlines aren't allowed unless it is overlapping a object.
  • There isn't a color limit per sprite. The only limitation is the pallete.
Making a Character

SPRITES

Main Character(s)
Kirby
Enemies
Waddle Dee
Waddle Doo
Sir Kibble
Boomer
Poppy Bros. Jr.
Bronto Burt
Broom Hatter
Gordo
Grizzo
Kabu
Scarfy (and it's Demon Form)

Grumples
Koozer
Blipper
Coner
Flapper
Glunk
Parasol
Cappy and Blopper
Chucky and Hurly
Dizzy and Benny
Shotzo and Blatzy
Booler and Gaspar
Kookler and Whiskers
Mumbies and Skuller
Puffy and Cawcun
Squishy and Flotzo
Twizzy and Tookey
Two Face and Mr. P. Umpkin
Wizzer and Peezer

Minibosses and Bosses
Poppy Bros. Sr.
Whispy Woods
Lololo and Lalala
Kabula
Kracko Jr
Kracko
King Dedede

Environmental Items and Power Ups
Maxim Tomato
1up
Pep Brew
Superspicy Curry
Invincibility Candy
Mint Leaf
Mike
Food
(I won't list every type of Food here, just come up with some or look up sheets of the other games to see whats available)

Warp Star
Bomb
StarBlock
Apple

Misc. Effects

Tiles

At last; if you support this project, then put this wacky thing on your signature!!
[Image: mx9RKdo.png]
Code:
[url=http://www.spriters-resource.com/community/showthread.php?tid=22674&pid=506400#pid506400][img]http://i.imgur.com/mx9RKdo.png[/img][/url]

Huge thanks to Vic for helping me out with the first post! Smile
can i make some stuff for this project ?
im totally into kirby these days
sure! anyone is open to make sprites!
[Image: 2da9O]

the palette is pretty restricted so i changed the blue and added another gray

or maybe it's just because i suck at pixelart
I gave it a go~
[Image: HBuIcWl.png]
I think a light blue should be added to the palette.
[Image: 4w9rggQ.png]

Changed the pallete and edited some folks. I also made a Sir Kibbles. I couldn't make the cutter helmet thing. It looked weird when I made it
I made a few adjustments
Still doesn't quite look right though :/
[Image: 1Mh5OL8.png]
[Image: 2duAg]

3rd time's a charm eh ?
[Image: j11zpi.png]
Poppy was looking a little squished, so I edited him a bit.
(03-07-2013, 12:37 PM)Zabadabenabadaba Wrote: [ -> ][Image: j11zpi.png]
Poppy was looking a little squished, so I edited him a bit.

To be honest, I like the other version better. The new version you posted looks too tall and seems like it's leaning back a bit.
Poppy is supposed to be slightly taller than your typical Kirby character.
As for the leaning back, that can be fixed by moving his head forwards by a pixel
Looks awesome! I'm loving the colors and shading! Big Grin
Poppy Bro. Jr. doesn't look squished at all. Right now, he is too tall.

[Image: SZpYVq1.png]

In most cases, Poppy Bro. Jr. is one or more pixels taller next to Kirby. The version Lexou made was fine, as it was already taller than Kirby.
By squished I meant that his head was too low on his body, which apparently it was until KSSU
I was basing him off of KSSU as that is the most recent version.
As you can see from that size comparison thing, KSSU Poppy is quite a bit taller than Kirby.
So really it all depends on whether you want to base him of of the original, or the more current version.
Judging by the fact that they are in color, I assumed you were going for the present renditions, but if not, then the version that Lexou made will work fine.
[Image: jZMHPMZ.gif]

I actually feel he needs to be about a pixel taller, and maybe even a tad skinnier.
I also fixed his contrast issues.
[Image: hLJMSmN.png]
You could say he's more.. poppy now
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14