The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
This isn't just any poll, it's a challenge set by Steve Lycett of SUMO himself to see just how much demand there is for DLC.
Here's the deal: If 3 or more characters hit 1000+ votes, he'll present these characters and the demand behind them to SEGA and see if they'll get a green light to make them.
The list we have is a result of another poll where we agreed no Sonic characters or characters from games already represented will be added, so other franchises get a chance.
So far, Segata Sanshiro, Ryo Hazuki and Miku Hatsune have hit the 1000 mark. Because of legal issues behind Segata and Miku, we need 2 more characters to hit 1000, with Vectorman, Ristar and Bayonetta being the closest (650-800 votes).
Want to help the fans out? Just sign the petitions. Pick one, pick all, it doesn't matter. Your vote counts and I want to race as green balls (Vectorman, not Chris).

Link to original topic on SEGA forums

The winners:

Ryo Hazuki
Miku Hatsune
Segata Sanshiro
Vectorman
Bayonetta
Ristar
Toejam & Earl
I already signed the Segata Sanshiro petition. Just signed the Toejam & Earl one too.
I signed for Vectorman, and Segata for laughs.
man, nobody seems to really give a shit about the streets of rage characters except me. :c

i already voted for them, toejam & earl, segata, and vectorman when this was posted on Sonic Retro.
Honestly I'm sure there are some legal issues behind some of these characters.
(11-22-2012, 01:20 PM)Crappy Blue Luigi Wrote: [ -> ]man, nobody seems to really give a shit about the streets of rage characters except me. :c

i already voted for them, toejam & earl, segata, and vectorman when this was posted on Sonic Retro.

Another one that cares for Streets of rage Cry

I voted for Billy, Axel, Ryo, Toejam & Earl
(11-22-2012, 02:35 PM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly I'm sure there are some legal issues behind some of these characters.

I'm aware and so is most of the SEGA forum, but those Miku fans keep hammering in their fanboyism and consistently try to convince everyone that she is a legit SEGA character, while even Steve said she's not. She's in the poll due to sheer demand, it's ridiculous. I have good faith she'll be rejected by SEGA.
Segata is a strange case. He is SEGA's property... except his face. Segata also commanded much attention.
Right now, the only character whos inclusion is realistic that has reached the challenge's 1000 vote goal is Ryo. I really hope Vectorman'll get there too before December 1st.

Oh, and just because someone hit 1000 doesn't mean it has to stop there. More votes increases the odds to convince SEGA the demand is there.
Not to mention the fact they want her in so she can be well known outside Japan. It's really up to the company that owns Vocaloid to decide for Miku to be included.
Sega also owns the Alien and Predator Licenses. But like Miku, they're only licensed franchises.

As for the petitions. I'm not really interested in voting on any. Just to wish the winners luck.
TJ&E, Ristar, and Vectorman.
have companies ever cared for online petitions? let alone DLC character requests?

even more, why would you really need such a huge rooster? even when the game is built around fanservice, the whole thing is already great. i mean, save for wreck it ralph wich seems more like a favor than anything, the whole thing is full of amazing character choices.

look at this baby alone. and everything on it.
(11-23-2012, 07:38 PM)Cobalt Blue Wrote: [ -> ]have companies ever cared for online petitions? let alone DLC character requests?

these are not just simple fan petitions; these are a direct response to a challenge by one of the game's developers. the petitions have meaning.

i can mostly agree with the rest of your post, but i personally feel like Sumo at least missed one big opportunity by not including Vectorman. i mean, his whole gimmick in terms of character design is that he can transform into different shapes. he could be his own vehicle!

segata would be a fun bonus, but meh. aside from that though, the game's roster is fine.

it would be neat to see some future DLC courses, like a streets of rage track.
if anything, i can foresee ryo and bayonetta being added to the game.

rather than characters, i want to see more tracks and features. we do not need another Brawl or MVC2.
If anything, this shows how dedicated the fans are. The word spread like wildfire and has drawn attention to a number of websites.
True there is no 10.000 votes reached, but the top 3 destroyed the 2000 mark and Vectorman is just a few votes shy of 1000. SEGA must notice this.
If DLC is going to happen, there is a slight chance stuff like stages may happen aswell. In the first game, Metal Sonic and Death Egg were bundled.

EDIT: Vectorman just hit 1000. Yay, green balls!
RISTAR

For crap's sake he was going to Sonic's replacement - show him some damn love Sega!
he's the flagman bro. the whole game has more cameos than you believe.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6