The VG Resource

Full Version: Koybi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
but cant due to inspiration

[Image: TupgY.png]

C+C is nice, edits are preferred. the design is a bit empty, but i will change some stuff.
(10-19-2012, 05:40 PM)recolorme Wrote: [ -> ]the design is a bit empty.

You forgot his teeth and bowtie.
I don't think I will keep the teeth, but I'll probably add the bowtie and some other stuff.
His arms seem really long compared to his legs.
[Image: djtej.png]
It looks good, though I'd recommend a bit of sel-out, especially in areas inside the overall outline. Make the tail look like it's drooping a bit, looks too straight.
(10-19-2012, 11:02 PM)Mag Wrote: [ -> ]It looks good, though I'd recommend a bit of sel-out, especially in areas inside the overall outline. Make the tail look like it's drooping a bit, looks too straight.

That is called anti-aliasing. Sel-out is better avoided because its only real purpose is for making the outlines, and only the outlines smoother on certain backgrounds
Sorry, I guess I didn't make it clear enough then. I wasn't talking about anti-aliasing, but to apply sel-out to the outlines inside the sprite, in particular, on the arm inside. It looks as though you wanted to keep the sprite with that black outline, which is why I said it like that. Anti-Aliasing would also help out though. Wink
(10-20-2012, 10:08 AM)Mag Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I guess I didn't make it clear enough then. I wasn't talking about anti-aliasing, but to apply sel-out to the outlines inside the sprite, in particular, on the arm inside. It looks as though you wanted to keep the sprite with that black outline, which is why I said it like that. Anti-Aliasing would also help out though. Wink

I see what you mean now. Yeah I actually do that too when sel-outing isn't usable.
Actually maybe we should call that "sel-inning" or something lol.
working on walk cyclesssss
[Image: JotxJ.gif]

still a W.I.P.. I just need to move the arms and that's it.
[Image: 8z9U2.gif]
are his feet missing outlines? or is that gonna be fixed
I think that might be part of the style
some styles do that

also I like his Donkey Kong haircut
This might just be me, but I think the movement of the tail compared to the movement of the body looks weird. It kind of looks like the tail is moving in three dimensions, whereas the body is moving in two. It might look better if you make the tail move up and down, instead of side to side.
I'd do away with the texturing on the tail as it's kinda gritty for a space so small. If the sprite was bigger, you could keep it.

also his head has straight lines (not saying it's wrong, but you could use a more organic shape) and his right arm goes forward a little too much, retract it by one or two pixels.

also outline his feet where they don't connect with the ground. Some styles ditch the sole's outlines so the ground tiles' outlines can make up for it. But if they aren't touching the ground, there's no reason to leave them not outlined.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6