The VG Resource

Full Version: Oh Sonic... here we go again...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Quote:Man, Sega's just full of surprises, isn't it? Earlier today, the company announced Sonic Colors (or Colours, if you live in a country that spells that word that ridiculous way). a new platformer featuring the blue hedgehog and his new troupe of polychromatic friends. Sonic will have to navigate a sci-fi themed amusement park to thwart the plans of -- who else -- Dr. Eggman by saving multicolored aliens, each of which bestow a certain special ability upon the series' attitude-filled protagonist. That sounds like it has the propensity be be more colorful and trippy than a Flaming Lips concer

(http://www.joystiq.com/)

Sounds pretty... well, ass.
The only "here we go again" in this thread will be the pages of bitching over which sonic game is better. Rokkan will feature heavily.

I hope you're goddamn happy. =|
Oh I love the Sonic arguments, hours of entertainment! The Sonic cycle in action is a truly magnificent thing to observe.
the name and the logo of this game are really gay

[Image: Sonic-Colours-art-background.jpg]

but I gotta say

that I love that environment there in the background,

ay.

(but it's still really gay and I'm gonna try avoiding any info about it because i'm seriously embarassed at Sonic nowadays, specially when the name of the game is sonic [rainbow] COLOURS [/rainbow])
Sonic Colours isn't any lamer than Sonic Heroes for a name but it does make it sound like a puzzle game. And rainbow text has never been cool, wasn't Sonic cool? I remember him being cool...
oh right groove because I always was discussing which sonic game is better right, always

instead of trying to argue and trying to bring point to why exactly sonic games nowadays suck but being always interrupted by "nope you're just bitching because it's not old-school"
Question : Is more or less crap than sonic unleashed ?
Personally, less.

Also (oh boy am I gonna get it), Sonic adventure battle 2 was the culminating point of the series. Gets lower and lower on from there.
i just read an article about it and the concept does seem nice, kind of like a Super Mario Galaxy version of Sonic, but all my hopes on SEGA are vanished by now anyway

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/sonic-c...for-wii-ds

Quote:LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (May 26th, 2010) SEGA ® Europe Ltd. & SEGA ® America, Inc. today announced Sonic ™ Colours, the new high-speed adventure of our famous hero Sonic the Hedgehog. Struggling with saving a colorful alien race fall into the clutches of Dr. Eggman, Sonic will face many obstacles along an inspired sci-fi themed amusement park. Sonic Colours will be available on Wii ™ and Nintendo DS ™ at the end of 2010.

A unique playground has been seen orbiting the planet of Sonic the Hedgehog. Some rumors speak of an alien race called wisps, with a rare colored energy, which is now imprisoned here, by the evil Dr. Eggman. Sonic, once arrived on the planet’s entertainment, you can use immediately made aware of this rare power to help colored wisps in the escape! The Wii version of Sonic Colours combines both 2D and 3D gaming perspective, while the Nintendo DS version takes advantage of the characteristics of the double-screen console.

“The lively alien universe of Sonic Colours allows players to race at breakneck speed along amazing planets, each with its peculiarities and unique visual style.” Comment on Gary Knight, Senior Vice President of Marketing SEGA. “In addition to classic Sonic gameplay, new power-wisps, they offer an innovative way to explore these new worlds and help Sonic to run faster than ever!”

The new Sonic hedgehog Colours see our dear speeding, jumping off himself among enemies like never before in a Sonic game. The aliens WISPs are able to free their “Colour Power” that can be absorbed by Sonic drilling to create new roads, for example, the ground (via the Yellow Drill), or go through the whole internship at supersonic speed (thanks to Cyan Laser). Combining the different available energies can further increase the speed of Sonic and his abilities beyond imagination. Lots of power ups and exclusive versions will be available for Wii and Nintendo DS for a brand new super-fast gameplay of Sonic for fans around the world.

Sonic Colours will be available on Wii ™ and Nintendo DS ™ at the end of 2010.
Sounds pretty lame to me. Now "Sonic moves from the left to the right and jumps on shit and the camera doesn't act all gay and the level design is actually good" would sound awesome.
don't even thrash sonic heroes

that game was pure gold compared to the games that came after it
WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING TO SONIC

THEY'RE NOT EVEN TRYING ANYMORE

THIS IS PHYSICALLY PAINFUL TO SEE
Viper Shark you always make my day!
It says it's coming out on DS, so I'm not complaining. It's automatically at least decent.
[quote='Goemar' pid='271719' dateline='1274890658']
Quote: Sonic Colors (or Colours, if you live in a country that spells that word that ridiculous way)
color is the wrong spelling. america is a shit country!!!!!!!

and this game looks better than the past few years worth of games they shat out.
also id enjoy a sonic battle 2 over anything else they can make atm u___u
(05-26-2010, 11:57 AM)Keychain Wrote: [ -> ]don't even thrash sonic heroes

that game was pure gold compared to the games that came after it

i unironically like the early daytime levels of sonic unleashed a lot more than the entirety of sonic heroes

also just because something is LESS shit doesn't mean it's GOOD per se so imo heroes is quite a thrashable game
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27