Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Going to try spriting from a top-down perspective or class rpg style.
You guys know I don't normally do this stuff, but it looks like I'm going to have to start learning unless a spriter hops onto the project I'm currently helping with. So, before anything else, I want some references for posture. Does anyone know any good games I could look for for posture? The game I'm working on is a rogue-like with a top-down perspective, so something akin to classic final fantasy overworld map, Pokemon, or strategy game style.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
How big are the sprites in question?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Sorry this took so long to respond to. I had a neurology appointment and fell asleep after getting home.

That really hasn't been brought up though our programmer is using RPGMaker assets at the moment if that helps. I suppose it'd be up to me then if that isn't.
Thanked by:
I've been informed that for character sprites, I am to use an equivalent of 3 in height, 1 in width, so I was thinking 48x16.
Thoughts, suggestions and such?
Thanked by:
That will result in really tall but skinny characters all over.
Unless your game is about nothing but super lanky people, you'd be better off going 2x3 or 1x2.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
You think so? I'll ask about 1x2 and 2x3 then.
Thanked by:
1x2 and 2x3 are both good.
Thanked by:
References... hm... let's see. I've done some, I hope they help some way :'D...
Thanked by: Level 1, psychospacecow
I still need to make the other pictures for animation, but here is a little mock up for Ozzum.

[Image: 2DQJ2hY.jpg]
Here is the original for comparison. v v v
image is big so spoilers.
Think something like this would look good animated?
Thanked by:
This is all reference stuff, so keep that in mind. There was a bit of a communications issue, but I know what I have to work with now.
[Image: zteqlYD.png]
It doesn't have to look like the sprites provided but it has to fit in the parameters there.
Thanked by:
Is it for RPG Maker VX/Ace? And do they have to be 32x32? I know there are some problems when you try to use taller sprites at these engines, but nothing that some mapping technique (?) couldn't fix :wink:.
Thanked by:
Well, if you know how to do that, I could talk to our current programmer in that regard.
Yeah, its in RPG Maker. Our current programmer has managed to keep combat in the overworld, so its kind of got a classic Zelda feel to it.
Thanked by:
You might want to think about including atleast a one-pixel padding between sprites and the border. Or else, when you rotate or scale sprites, they other adjacent pixels might show up.

Edit: nvm....its just a reference =/
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl
Thanked by: psychospacecow
I'll keep that noted for sure.
Thanked by:
The guy doing our programming green lit 64x96 sprites so that [Image: 2DQJ2hY.jpg] is all good. Before I get into this, does anyone know any good tutorials for walking animation?
Thanked by: