The VG Resource

Full Version: Going to try spriting from a top-down perspective or class rpg style.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You guys know I don't normally do this stuff, but it looks like I'm going to have to start learning unless a spriter hops onto the project I'm currently helping with. So, before anything else, I want some references for posture. Does anyone know any good games I could look for for posture? The game I'm working on is a rogue-like with a top-down perspective, so something akin to classic final fantasy overworld map, Pokemon, or strategy game style.
How big are the sprites in question?
Sorry this took so long to respond to. I had a neurology appointment and fell asleep after getting home.

That really hasn't been brought up though our programmer is using RPGMaker assets at the moment if that helps. I suppose it'd be up to me then if that isn't.
I've been informed that for character sprites, I am to use an equivalent of 3 in height, 1 in width, so I was thinking 48x16.
Thoughts, suggestions and such?
That will result in really tall but skinny characters all over.
Unless your game is about nothing but super lanky people, you'd be better off going 2x3 or 1x2.
You think so? I'll ask about 1x2 and 2x3 then.
1x2 and 2x3 are both good.
References... hm... let's see. I've done some, I hope they help some way :'D...
I still need to make the other pictures for animation, but here is a little mock up for Ozzum.

[Image: 2DQJ2hY.jpg]
Here is the original for comparison. v v v
image is big so spoilers.
Think something like this would look good animated?
This is all reference stuff, so keep that in mind. There was a bit of a communications issue, but I know what I have to work with now.
[Image: zteqlYD.png]
It doesn't have to look like the sprites provided but it has to fit in the parameters there.
Is it for RPG Maker VX/Ace? And do they have to be 32x32? I know there are some problems when you try to use taller sprites at these engines, but nothing that some mapping technique (?) couldn't fix :wink:.
Well, if you know how to do that, I could talk to our current programmer in that regard.
Yeah, its in RPG Maker. Our current programmer has managed to keep combat in the overworld, so its kind of got a classic Zelda feel to it.
You might want to think about including atleast a one-pixel padding between sprites and the border. Or else, when you rotate or scale sprites, they other adjacent pixels might show up.

Edit: nvm....its just a reference =/
I'll keep that noted for sure.
The guy doing our programming green lit 64x96 sprites so that [Image: 2DQJ2hY.jpg] is all good. Before I get into this, does anyone know any good tutorials for walking animation?
Pages: 1 2