Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
EASIESTtypingtextExample
[Image: link.png]
An awesomest (best) maze game V at least in my opinion.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00821057748349019634

Thanked by:
Explanation as to what this is, please. No one's gonbna just download a random file without being told what it is.

Explain clearly in English too, if you'd be so kind.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
No problem.

This example (first post) shows people how to "EASILY" make typing text using sprites and sprite images check the game and/or ask me for more information please, thank you Smile : )
An awesomest (best) maze game V at least in my opinion.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00821057748349019634

Thanked by:
Well, seeing this is a spriting board and not a programming board, this example would possibly attract more attention on MFGG, the GMC, or similar sites.

Also, I checked out the example, and while it is fairly "easy" to make the text for each textbox a separate sprite, it's rather inefficient, especially when your game includes more text. Really, a better way to do something like this would be to maybe use a sprite for the box itself, but then actually type out text using draw_text. Though, I guess that's not as easy for the programmer as this is, but it would be easier for the user.
Thanked by:
I thought this was JarJar for a second. So what is this about?
Gifts
[ PK - TomGuycott - MoneyMan ]
Thanked by:
DOESyourspacebarnotworkorSomething
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Someone just answer this: is this a way to make your own font for a game and display it in a typewriting animation or something, I couldn't understand.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
The general idea of this is that he's using a different sprite for each textbox. For example, "Where is the smoked cheese?" would be one sprite, then "Nyoron~" is another sprite entirely. Whenever you want to make a new textbox, you go in and make a new sprite with the new text.

@Vipershark, he probably just typed it that way since that's the exact name of his file.
Thanked by: