The VG Resource

Full Version: EASIESTtypingtextExample
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: link.png]
Explanation as to what this is, please. No one's gonbna just download a random file without being told what it is.

Explain clearly in English too, if you'd be so kind.
No problem.

This example (first post) shows people how to "EASILY" make typing text using sprites and sprite images check the game and/or ask me for more information please, thank you Smile : )
Well, seeing this is a spriting board and not a programming board, this example would possibly attract more attention on MFGG, the GMC, or similar sites.

Also, I checked out the example, and while it is fairly "easy" to make the text for each textbox a separate sprite, it's rather inefficient, especially when your game includes more text. Really, a better way to do something like this would be to maybe use a sprite for the box itself, but then actually type out text using draw_text. Though, I guess that's not as easy for the programmer as this is, but it would be easier for the user.
I thought this was JarJar for a second. So what is this about?
DOESyourspacebarnotworkorSomething
Someone just answer this: is this a way to make your own font for a game and display it in a typewriting animation or something, I couldn't understand.
The general idea of this is that he's using a different sprite for each textbox. For example, "Where is the smoked cheese?" would be one sprite, then "Nyoron~" is another sprite entirely. Whenever you want to make a new textbox, you go in and make a new sprite with the new text.

@Vipershark, he probably just typed it that way since that's the exact name of his file.