Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Zaldia
I'm new here...I would have posted in the "Hello" topic but I was having some trouble finding it. Cute

I have recently been working on this sprite which I started from scratch with a reference picture that I've always thought was really cool.
I'm just stuck on a few parts and need a little boost of advice and comments to get me going again.

[Image: fmubh2.png]

I call her Zaldia. Big Grin

By the way...I am Zeblid's student. I'm not new to spriting that much either...well okay I'm only 3 months old.

Anyway, comments and critizism would be lovely.
Thanked by:
It looks pretty good, but my old recommendation would be to fix the hair. They look too thick.

And welcome!
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
don't use a resized image as a reference. use the original and drom that take the elements that you think should be implemented. also, her propotions seems to be a bit odd, since her hips are huge but her torso is extremely small(even when the character is portrayed from a sligthy lower point of view).
Thanked by:
I like the way you do it, and nice shading too.You seem to be missing the wings on the head but I'm sure you already knew that.
Thanked by:
Shading looks too strong to me and the top part of the body, including head, seem to be out of proportion.
Thanked by:
@AJ- Yeah thats a good idea. I've had a hard time with that hair but perhaps I can figure something out. Thank you =P

@DT- Why is it a bad idea to use a resized image of the origional? I can still see everything perfectly and I also have the origional in my saved files. Also...She's wearing a pofy skirt...you really can't see her hips o-o.

@Alcala- Thank you very much. Yeah I have that and the lantern which I will work on and then update this thread when I'm finished. Big Grin
Thanked by:
Her waist and bust look a bit to thin compared to the reference.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
the way you're doing the hair looks as if she was using dreadlocks. a resized image(again) erarses way too many details that are vanished and/or distorted. thats why.
Thanked by: