The VG Resource

Full Version: Zaldia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new here...I would have posted in the "Hello" topic but I was having some trouble finding it. Cute

I have recently been working on this sprite which I started from scratch with a reference picture that I've always thought was really cool.
I'm just stuck on a few parts and need a little boost of advice and comments to get me going again.

[Image: fmubh2.png]

I call her Zaldia. Big Grin

By the way...I am Zeblid's student. I'm not new to spriting that much either...well okay I'm only 3 months old.

Anyway, comments and critizism would be lovely.
It looks pretty good, but my old recommendation would be to fix the hair. They look too thick.

And welcome!
don't use a resized image as a reference. use the original and drom that take the elements that you think should be implemented. also, her propotions seems to be a bit odd, since her hips are huge but her torso is extremely small(even when the character is portrayed from a sligthy lower point of view).
I like the way you do it, and nice shading too.You seem to be missing the wings on the head but I'm sure you already knew that.
Shading looks too strong to me and the top part of the body, including head, seem to be out of proportion.
@AJ- Yeah thats a good idea. I've had a hard time with that hair but perhaps I can figure something out. Thank you =P

@DT- Why is it a bad idea to use a resized image of the origional? I can still see everything perfectly and I also have the origional in my saved files. Also...She's wearing a pofy skirt...you really can't see her hips o-o.

@Alcala- Thank you very much. Yeah I have that and the lantern which I will work on and then update this thread when I'm finished. Big Grin
Her waist and bust look a bit to thin compared to the reference.
the way you're doing the hair looks as if she was using dreadlocks. a resized image(again) erarses way too many details that are vanished and/or distorted. thats why.