Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Custom Puni Sprites
I got bored yesterday and decided to attempt to make some custom Puni sprites. I was originally aiming for MLSS (which I'm horrible at making), but they didn't quite turn out like I planned. They're still pretty good, IMO, but I figured I'd see what you guys thought. C+C would be greatly appreciated. Smile

[Image: Attempted%20MLSS%20Punies.PNG]

I wasn't able to make any front or back poses; I tried this morning, but they came out horrible. Oh, and here's the icon I made in case they do get accepted.

[Image: Attempted%20MLSS%20Punies%20Icon.png]
Thanked by:
They're good, just need better AA and selout and they're ready for submitting imo.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: Stooben
I've never tried anti-aliasing before, but is this what it's supposed to be like?

[Image: AA%20Puni%20Sprite.PNG]

I looked it up on Wikipedia, and that seemed to be what they were talking about.
Thanked by:
that's good for large images. That, my friend, looks more like pillow shading. Try using only one shade if your trying to AA with a background, and only add a shade to the corners.
(11-07-2009, 11:47 AM)Baegal Wrote: [Image: Pillows.png]
The one on the left is pillowshading, where you simply keep outlining layers. It turns out really bad.

The one on the right is shading with anti-aliasing, as well as normal shading. Anti-aliasing is adding shades to the corners to make to colors blend nicer. the gray around ML3 sprites are examples of anti-aliasing with the background.

Sorry, I'm not to good at explaining things... :{
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by: Stooben
Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks. Smile

I'm gonna try to make the AA a little better now.
Thanked by:
The Feet look slighty to big, try decreasing it by a pixl or two?
Thanked by:
To me, they look a little weird when their legs are any shorter. But, I'll give it a shot.
Thanked by:
I think he means by line weight. It looks like that because of how dark the AA'd color is
Thanked by:
Sorry it took so long to update this. Is this a little better? I tried making the shading a little darker to see if it would accent the sprite better. I'm still not sure if I did the AA right on it, though.

[Image: AA%20Puni%20Sprite%202.PNG]

Weirdest thing; I can give advice, but I have a hard time using it when it's given to me.
Thanked by:
you're getting there. I also think you should make the AA'd color a little lighter to contrast w/the black.

Also, I would the puni rounder, and if not, more shading, to make it seem round
Thanked by:
[Image: AA%20Puni%20Sprite%203.PNG]
Better?

I originally had it a bit rounder than it is now, but it looked a little too fat.
Thanked by:
Awesome job with the Puni.
[Image: ra2mvm.png]
I LOVE BEING PURPLE!!!!
Thanked by:
Thank you. Smile
Thanked by:
AA wise, yes. My only complaint is you need to make the shading more rounded. Maybe around the tail
Thanked by:
[Image: AA%20Puni%20Sprite%204.PNG]

How about that?

By the way, thank you for all your help. Smile
Thanked by: