The VG Resource

Full Version: Custom Puni Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got bored yesterday and decided to attempt to make some custom Puni sprites. I was originally aiming for MLSS (which I'm horrible at making), but they didn't quite turn out like I planned. They're still pretty good, IMO, but I figured I'd see what you guys thought. C+C would be greatly appreciated. Smile

[Image: Attempted%20MLSS%20Punies.PNG]

I wasn't able to make any front or back poses; I tried this morning, but they came out horrible. Oh, and here's the icon I made in case they do get accepted.

[Image: Attempted%20MLSS%20Punies%20Icon.png]
They're good, just need better AA and selout and they're ready for submitting imo.
I've never tried anti-aliasing before, but is this what it's supposed to be like?

[Image: AA%20Puni%20Sprite.PNG]

I looked it up on Wikipedia, and that seemed to be what they were talking about.
that's good for large images. That, my friend, looks more like pillow shading. Try using only one shade if your trying to AA with a background, and only add a shade to the corners.
(11-07-2009, 11:47 AM)Baegal Wrote: [ -> ][Image: Pillows.png]
The one on the left is pillowshading, where you simply keep outlining layers. It turns out really bad.

The one on the right is shading with anti-aliasing, as well as normal shading. Anti-aliasing is adding shades to the corners to make to colors blend nicer. the gray around ML3 sprites are examples of anti-aliasing with the background.

Sorry, I'm not to good at explaining things... :{
Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks. Smile

I'm gonna try to make the AA a little better now.
The Feet look slighty to big, try decreasing it by a pixl or two?
To me, they look a little weird when their legs are any shorter. But, I'll give it a shot.
I think he means by line weight. It looks like that because of how dark the AA'd color is
Sorry it took so long to update this. Is this a little better? I tried making the shading a little darker to see if it would accent the sprite better. I'm still not sure if I did the AA right on it, though.

[Image: AA%20Puni%20Sprite%202.PNG]

Weirdest thing; I can give advice, but I have a hard time using it when it's given to me.
you're getting there. I also think you should make the AA'd color a little lighter to contrast w/the black.

Also, I would the puni rounder, and if not, more shading, to make it seem round
[Image: AA%20Puni%20Sprite%203.PNG]
Better?

I originally had it a bit rounder than it is now, but it looked a little too fat.
Awesome job with the Puni.
Thank you. Smile
AA wise, yes. My only complaint is you need to make the shading more rounded. Maybe around the tail
[Image: AA%20Puni%20Sprite%204.PNG]

How about that?

By the way, thank you for all your help. Smile
Pages: 1 2