Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Irae (requiem) sprite v3
the last one was impossible to get right so i'm trying again
[Image: Iraev3azzzzxx.png]

ignore the guy on the left he's guy and was just made as a basis for shape and size because i was having issues starting completely from scratch for some dumb reason!

I'm happy with how its coming out so far but it's pretty early on

please C+C the shit out of this to help the development phase

for reference purposes, previous stuff; giz Wrote:[Image: Irae_newf9zzzzzzzxxxxxxxzzzzzxxxxxx.png]
final version of the last sprite
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...p?tid=8447 thread where the first version and the evolution of the previous one can be seen
Thanked by:
the stance looks way better so far
Thanked by:
[Image: Iraev3azzzzzzx.png]
WIP

thinking about playing with the vests palette some

arm is obvious wip
Thanked by:
oh yeah i've updated this

[Image: Iraev3azzzzzzxxxxxxxx.png]
second newest version

and

[Image: Iraev3czzxxxxxxx.png]
newest version

C+C please

EDIT: I altered it slightly to try and add a bit more 'flow' to its stance, but I'm not sure how successful I actually was
[Image: th_Iraev3czzxxxxxxxxx.png]
Thanked by:
YOU ARE AN AWFUL PERSON YOU SPEND TOO MUCH TIME ON THE MAIN CHARACTER WE'RE NEVER GOING TO HAVE REQUIEM ETC ETC

no but really i see a castlevania influence, it's pretty good, but i wish i could see more color difference or contrast. it honestly all depends on what kind of bg he's going to be on most of the time- if it's a dark themed game, i'd up the contrast a bit so he'd stand out.

though i'm sure there's a feature in game maker that can do that for you
Thanked by:
[Image: Iraev3e.png]
final version?? probably

critique please so I can just move on to animation
Thanked by:
am i allowed to make an small edit?
Thanked by:
Please, go for it.
Thanked by:
[Image: jtxicy.png]
Thanked by:
gizmo, im definitely not qualified yet to to help you improve it, but i have to say that is very good.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
I can definitely see a CDOS influence in there. The lower leg on the right seems to far back, making him off-balance. I suggest you just make it straight and change the angle of the thigh instead. Maybe make him lean a little less back.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
fffffffuuuuu
gizmonic actually finish more than one sprite and make this game it's been years aaaauuuugh
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
It looks way better now, congrats.
The colors seems to be better.
[Image: Copyof3Colors.png]
Thanked by:
Thanks for the critique everyone, it's starting to move along now for the first time in several months;

Quote:[Image: jtxicy.png]
yeah, I agree, the leg and the foot the way I have it are kind of strange. they have a weird almost unnatural flow to it, and I do kind of agree with the idea of your edit but it looks too straight and narrow. Same with all of the attempts I have tried to alter the shape, so I think I'll just leave it the way it is unless I can find a better way to do it.

Quote:fffffffuuuuu
gizmonic actually finish more than one sprite and make this game it's been years aaaauuuugh
yeah lol i started in 2006, but there have been a lot of empty periods of time and also a lot of time spent redefining what I wanted to do with the game; but I think I finally know what I'm doing and I have a sprite good enough to continue with.

Quote:I can definitely see a CDOS influence in there.
yeah, there is kind of a Dawn of Sorrow influence there. I used Soma (and to a lesser extent Jonathan from PoR) occasionally as a guide for reference with his stance because I was having issues with it. The style itself seems more like a weird combination between SCIV, SOTN and DOS.

But anyway. I've started a WIP idle stance~

[Image: iraewipidlea2.gif]

Still have to add a bit more motion elsewhere to make it more realistic and believable and clean it up somewhat. It's also not going to be appear exactly like that in-game; it'll be a bit more sporadic and slower probably.
Thanked by:
problem is that it looks like a chicken leg that way...
Thanked by: