The VG Resource

Full Version: Irae (requiem) sprite v3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
the last one was impossible to get right so i'm trying again
[Image: Iraev3azzzzxx.png]

ignore the guy on the left he's guy and was just made as a basis for shape and size because i was having issues starting completely from scratch for some dumb reason!

I'm happy with how its coming out so far but it's pretty early on

please C+C the shit out of this to help the development phase

for reference purposes, previous stuff; giz Wrote:[Image: Irae_newf9zzzzzzzxxxxxxxzzzzzxxxxxx.png]
final version of the last sprite
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...p?tid=8447 thread where the first version and the evolution of the previous one can be seen
the stance looks way better so far
[Image: Iraev3azzzzzzx.png]
WIP

thinking about playing with the vests palette some

arm is obvious wip
oh yeah i've updated this

[Image: Iraev3azzzzzzxxxxxxxx.png]
second newest version

and

[Image: Iraev3czzxxxxxxx.png]
newest version

C+C please

EDIT: I altered it slightly to try and add a bit more 'flow' to its stance, but I'm not sure how successful I actually was
[Image: th_Iraev3czzxxxxxxxxx.png]
YOU ARE AN AWFUL PERSON YOU SPEND TOO MUCH TIME ON THE MAIN CHARACTER WE'RE NEVER GOING TO HAVE REQUIEM ETC ETC

no but really i see a castlevania influence, it's pretty good, but i wish i could see more color difference or contrast. it honestly all depends on what kind of bg he's going to be on most of the time- if it's a dark themed game, i'd up the contrast a bit so he'd stand out.

though i'm sure there's a feature in game maker that can do that for you
[Image: Iraev3e.png]
final version?? probably

critique please so I can just move on to animation
am i allowed to make an small edit?
Please, go for it.
[Image: jtxicy.png]
gizmo, im definitely not qualified yet to to help you improve it, but i have to say that is very good.
I can definitely see a CDOS influence in there. The lower leg on the right seems to far back, making him off-balance. I suggest you just make it straight and change the angle of the thigh instead. Maybe make him lean a little less back.
fffffffuuuuu
gizmonic actually finish more than one sprite and make this game it's been years aaaauuuugh
It looks way better now, congrats.
The colors seems to be better.
Thanks for the critique everyone, it's starting to move along now for the first time in several months;

Quote:[Image: jtxicy.png]
yeah, I agree, the leg and the foot the way I have it are kind of strange. they have a weird almost unnatural flow to it, and I do kind of agree with the idea of your edit but it looks too straight and narrow. Same with all of the attempts I have tried to alter the shape, so I think I'll just leave it the way it is unless I can find a better way to do it.

Quote:fffffffuuuuu
gizmonic actually finish more than one sprite and make this game it's been years aaaauuuugh
yeah lol i started in 2006, but there have been a lot of empty periods of time and also a lot of time spent redefining what I wanted to do with the game; but I think I finally know what I'm doing and I have a sprite good enough to continue with.

Quote:I can definitely see a CDOS influence in there.
yeah, there is kind of a Dawn of Sorrow influence there. I used Soma (and to a lesser extent Jonathan from PoR) occasionally as a guide for reference with his stance because I was having issues with it. The style itself seems more like a weird combination between SCIV, SOTN and DOS.

But anyway. I've started a WIP idle stance~

[Image: iraewipidlea2.gif]

Still have to add a bit more motion elsewhere to make it more realistic and believable and clean it up somewhat. It's also not going to be appear exactly like that in-game; it'll be a bit more sporadic and slower probably.
problem is that it looks like a chicken leg that way...
Pages: 1 2