http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234...rawing.jpg
This is what you should be expecting for the next 6 months in this thread:
Gesture Drawings
Shadow Practices
Things from the books written by Loomis
Things from how to draw tutorials or books
Comic Book stuff
Anything else my mind can whip up.

Hope you like and can give me advices and critics.I will update every Friday and when I can but the Fridays will be always. On one day I will do some things on that list and on the next I will do the other things left. Then I'll repeat it till I have finished the 6 months. I will draw 1 hour daily cause school is coming and I won't be able to draw more than 1 hour. I hope an hour is ok for me to improve. I know I will improve because you guys will help me with your critics and your advice.

Edit: Hey guys so I was recommended by someone on my College topic that I would improve more if I started taking request, so now I'm here telling you that you can request anything within my art radius( I mean drawings, I could try doing some colors and see where that takes me). So request and let see what happens. If you don't like the outcome tell me why and I'll be sure to fix it.

A new thing I'm going to try is graffiti alphabets. I'm going to try my hand at some graffiti style of writing and see where that takes me. Hope you like and that you are looking forward to it as I am. Thanks for every single post in this topic.
~~LOVE~~
~~SOLINK~~PK~~C2B~~KAIKIMI~~
[Image: Boggle_inside_a_futuristic_pod_by_Mabelma.png]

Have some time, check out my tumblr blog.
Thanked by:
Admittedly, you do what I do. Trying to make rough geometric shapes as framework for anatomy, but using SO MANY lines it looks indestinct and horrible. It's pretty much why I try not to do any hand drawings if I can help it.

I suppose the solution is to cut down on your lines. It's not necessary to make so many lines to form a geometric shape.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by: Mabelma
Yeah thanks. I'm doing the gestures in 30 secs or less and I can never finish them because I take to much time just to draw a circle. I'll keep that in mind thanks GrooveMan.
~~LOVE~~

Thanked by:
You are not doing gestures right.

You don't do structure for gestures, you just lay out the basic form. This does not mean the wireframing that you would do for a finished drawing.

[Image: gesture-drawing-charcoal.jpg]
here is a good gesture drawing.
It's more about getting the 'feel' of the pose and an idea of the weight.

Also by "Shadow practices" do you mean negative space? Or silhouette? Or shading? You are VAGUE.

I'm... skeptical about using a lot of How to Draw books. Most, if they're actually any use, aren't going to tell you anything that Loomis doesn't. They can be simpler though so it might be an idea to work from both, now I think of it.
A book you should look into is Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain.
(08-06-2009, 06:32 PM)Epistaxis Wrote: You are not doing gestures right.

You don't do structure for gestures, you just lay out the basic form. This does not mean the wireframing that you would do for a finished drawing.

Also by "Shadow practices" do you mean negative space? Or silhouette? Or shading? You are VAGUE.

I'm... skeptical about using a lot of How to Draw books. Most, if they're actually any use, aren't going to tell you anything that Loomis doesn't. They can be simpler though so it might be an idea to work from both, now I think of it.

NO! ARE YOU DAFT!? I THOUGHT YOU WERE A RATHER INTELLEGENT PERSON BUT NOW I"M NOT SO SURE! DRAWING ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BRAIN?! ARE YOU DAFT?! This is the book you want [Image: 51VC561FVCL._SL500_AA240_.jpg]
Drawing the right side of the brain is incredibly incorect and wrong. Also not all Gestures are done that way, I know several people who draw so their gestures so rapidly and well that it looks like an early figure sketch.

Now onto Malbelma;
Get that book I just posted.
Get Bridgman's book.
Possibly get artistic anatomy.
Other than that man, your off to a decent start. Try drawing Gestures like Zeemort posted, and then after a few months, try breaking it down better. Also I saw this on Concept art today. No clue it was you though Cute.
(08-06-2009, 06:32 PM)Epistaxis Wrote: You are not doing gestures right.

Thanks for that image I wasn't aware of how bad I was doing gesture drawing. Thanks really. Thank you. I mean shading. I tried to buy that book but when i went to Borders they didn't have the book. I'll go buy it when I get the chance to go back there. Thanks for posting.

Dark Kamek Wrote:NO! ARE YOU DAFT!? I THOUGHT YOU WERE A RATHER INTELLEGENT PERSON BUT NOW I"M NOT SO SURE! DRAWING ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BRAIN?! ARE YOU DAFT?! This is the book you want [Image: 51VC561FVCL._SL500_AA240_.jpg]
Drawing the right side of the brain is incredibly incorect and wrong. Also not all Gestures are done that way, I know several people who draw so their gestures so rapidly and well that it looks like a figure sketch.

Now onto Malbelma;
Get that book I just posted.
Get Bridgman's book.
Possibly get artistic anatomy.
Other than that man, your off to a decent start. Try drawing Gestures like Zeemort posted, and then after a few months, try breaking it down better. Also I saw this on Concept art today. No clue it was you though
Thanks I'll buy those books and the other one too. I have heard a lot about it on conceptart. Thanks for the comments I'll try it later down the road. Yeah it me in conceptart too. Didn't know anyone from here went there.
~~LOVE~~

Thanked by:
Drawing on the Right Side is pretty good from what I heard.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Dude, heres' the kinda gesture you wanna be drawing;[Image: gesture380.png]
(08-06-2009, 09:08 PM)Kilgore Trout Wrote: Drawing on the Right Side is pretty good from what I heard.

Yeah I'm buying it too. When I get the chance.

Dark Kamek Wrote:Dude, heres' the kinda gesture you wanna be drawing;[Image: gesture380.png]
Thanks I'll use the two off them as a reference to when I do gestures again. Thanks for posting.
~~LOVE~~

Thanked by:
Guys I'm being serious here, please please I BEG OF YOU! DON"T BUY DRAWING ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BRAIN! It's a waiste. Buy books like Bridgman, Vanderpole(loomis as a last resort), HAMBRIDGE!
Ok then I won't buy it. Thanks for warning me. I'll see into the books from those authors.
~~LOVE~~

Thanked by:
(08-06-2009, 09:19 PM)Dark Kamek Wrote: Guys I'm being serious here, please please I BEG OF YOU! DON"T BUY DRAWING ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BRAIN! It's a waiste. Buy books like Bridgman, Vanderpole(loomis as a last resort), HAMBRIDGE!

OH NO A DIFFERENT OPINION CLEARLY THIS IS WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG. THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO LEARN TO DRAW AND THAT IS BY DOING EXACTLY THE SAME EXCERCISES AS ME ME ME.
I've actually looked into this book more now and I admit, opinions seem pretty split, so you might have a point, but there's no reason to be such a fucking dick about it.

Also, no, the thing I posted is not the absolute only way to draw gestures, but I didn't say it was? Just that it was a better approach than the box-people that Mabelma was already using.

Mabelma, here's a wacky idea: if you're interested in the books posted here, buy them.
Don't change your fucking mind the moment someone disagrees.
OH YOU SAID TO BUY IT SO I SHALL
OH NO SOMEONE SAID NOT TO SO I WON'T
Thanked by: Ravecat, Mabelma, Cshad
Yeah I was going to buy any ways. I have look into it a bit and seen how it can help me. Thanks for posting. I'll buy it when I can.
~~LOVE~~

Thanked by:
Sorry that I came off like a dick about it, I just realized what a dick I was. But the reason I over reacted was this; I've seen people buy drawing on the right side of the brain, and after studying from it for a few months, their art went down in quality. Also this has happend more than once, about a good 4-5 times so. I know that really isn't like a national statistic for a research thing or anything but it seems to be a bit easy to say it's not just a coincidence.
Maby, you're doing what we call in our school "sausage-men". You're not drawing the placement of the body parts, you're drawing the muscles that let you make those poses.

You don't know what extreme lengths I went to find my gesture drawings from ten years ago up to now just to show you my progress and make a video of advice specifically for you, but the only stuff I couldn't find was anything recent. Apparently, over the years I dropped my habit of saving my artwork. Tongue

Sooo, I just wish you all the best of luck, dude, and I hope you enjoy the art as much as I have.
Got one. Smile
***Read-Team Yoshi-***