Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
MOTHER 4
Hi community!

I've been working on this game for a while now and I decided to share it with you all. The game runs in RPG Maker XP, so I think you need the program to play the game, but I'm not sure. you'll also need the RTP, which is included in the download. Anyway you can download RPG Maker XP here: *Click Meh*

This game takes place years and years after MOTHER 3, and there's a new PK powered boy going on a quest to save the world. The game features include a full movement system identical to Earthbound (except the dashing, I'm working on that Big Grin), a MOTHER 3-styled battle system, and MOTHER 3 menus.

So far there's not much story, but I've got the master plan in my head. The game starts out kind of like MOTHER 2, but I promise it's a completely different story Wink

The game is still in the production phase, but it's turning out quite nice. Anyway enough of me talking, here are some screenshots Cool

[Image: screen1.png]
Opening Wink

[Image: screen2.png]
1. That webpage doesn't exist...yet Wink
2. you actually have to press SPACE BAR lol

[Image: naming.png]
Character Naming NEW!
(Not the actual names, but it shows that you can name them whatever you want.)

[Image: screen4.png]
Waking Up

[Image: screen5.png]
Alanna's Room

[Image: screen6.png]
The adventure starts!

[Image: battle1.png]
Test Battle (This is in a test project to debug the battle system.) NEW!

--------------

The demo consists of MAYBE 10 minutes of gameplay, but that's all I have done so far. Next time battles will be in it and the story will have progressed significantly.

DEMO LINK: Click Meh
Filesize: Roughly 11 MB

Note: I believe there are a few bugs, such as Matt disappears when he jumps off the bed and reappears when he lands on the ground. Also there are a few mapping errors, but please try to ignore them. Thank you! Big Grin

If anyone would like to help me with this project by ripping sprites or anything like that, please feel free to contact me Genki ^_^

Thanks for playing!

-Lip Big Grin
Thanked by:
I think the characters need to be more MOTHER-ish, but pretty cool looking so far.

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
Thanked by:
pikspiksmaroator Wrote:I think the characters need to be more MOTHER-ish, but pretty cool looking so far.

Thanks lol

I'm horrible at spriting, so these are kinda temporary. Big Grin
Thanked by:
Pretty good, some shading might look a bit weird here and there but its minor.
[Image: Sunlight_Arroyo_Signature_by_Arroyo_River.png]
DA Account | FA Account
You want my sprites? PM me for them.
Thanked by:
The characters look too obvious to the base your using, the style should probably be more modern/different to, since the style changed alot from game to game.
Im also pretty sure that in each mother game, the party was 3 guys, and a girl.
Thanked by:
pretty neat. you other dudes need to chill the fuck out, cause he's got something going. you don't have to have 3 guys, one girl. it's your own game. and you can keep the style how you want.

it's a fangame. let him handle it how he wants.

shit looks pretty good though
Thanked by:
treek Wrote:pretty neat. you other dudes need to chill the fuck out, cause he's got something going. you don't have to have 3 guys, one girl. it's your own game. and you can keep the style how you want.

it's a fangame. let him handle it how he wants.

shit looks pretty good though

Chill the fuck out yourself, he posted it here for crit, not to show off, were just giving crit on how we think the game might be better.

Let him stand up for himself, if he disagrees, he can say so
Thanked by:
Although he did post it here for crits, some of your crits weren't exactly that helpful.

First of all, it's a fangame. If I wanted to make a Final Fantasy fangame without swords, let me. Just because every Final Fantasy has a sword wielder as a main character doesn't mean I will have to make the main character a sword wielder. So, deviating from three guys and a girl isn't really a good crit at all.

Also, the purpose of a fangame is to keep as close to the original style as possible, not to deviate a lot from its style. It's like making a Mario Kart fangame with a completely realistic style. It just doesn't make any sense.
Thanked by:
GaryCXJk Wrote:It's like making a Mario Kart fangame with a completely realistic style.

What if you were calling it "Realistic Mario Kart." Then it would make lots of sense.

Oh, and the 3 guys 1 girl thing etc. were just suggestions. They have just as much right to suggest things as he does to post his game.
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
Im saying that it may have been more interesting to change the style becuase in each mother game the style of the sprites changed alot.
Im just stating my opinion/suggestion
Thanked by:
Thanks for the comments, guys Big Grin

I see there's some controversy on the party, so I'll clear it up.

I'm basing it like MOTHER 3's system. If anyone has played it you name the family first, and when you first see your party members, then you name them. In MOTHER 2 (Earthbound), you name everyone in your party at the beginning.

But I do plan to have the classic 3 guys and 1 girl. ^o^

Also, NEW SCREENSHOTS ^_______^
Thanked by:
Without downloading it:
The battle system (yeah, I'm fond of that part xD) looks like a little edit of the standard one. Let's hope it's not too laggy (damn RGSS!). And I kinda like the naming system. Just make a system set looking more MOTHERish. Cause this one looks so standard. xD
After playing:
The 8-way-walking system only looks good, my friend. I sometimes
failed to hit the teleport events placed at doors and I couldn't read
a single sign. Btw, how do you save/access the menu in that game?
(Dont say Escape, I already tried that.)
[Image: shyguysig.gif]
# Yellow Shy Guy Front
Thanked by:
Answers:

The 8-way movement does need some work, I know. the reason you sometimes can't hit the teleport events is because I made a conditional branch for character facing down, because sometimes when you teleport back into the room onto that event, you touch it and it sends you out again. To fix it I made it so that you must be facing down. Diagonal directions currently don't work on the teleport events. I'm working on that Wink

I haven't put text on the signs yet ^o^

I disabled the menu for a few reasons.
1.) This current demo is so short that I didn't feel the need for saving
2.) It's still the default menu, but I'm attempting my own custom menu (My first RGSS attempt. Good lord =P)

Also the battle system is still in a WIP mode. Right now I'm not focusing my attention so much on the layout, but more the way it plays out. Right now it runs very smoothly, and I'll soon be redirecting my attention to the look.

New video is coming really soon btw ^________^

Please note that this is basically an update post. The game is nowhere near finished but I posted it here to get constructive criticism on the progress and stuff like that. Hope that answered some questions Wink
Thanked by:
i find it kinda ironic how u call urself link in pink, but ur logo is blueQuestion

looks good, dont relly wana play a demo cuz id rather wait till its complete but i will play it then fer sure...Wink

...unless it relly sucksAngry
[Image: diddyknongquestbanner.jpg]

Escape - Untitled MC

Who likes hip-hop? Listen and leave comments. Thats my bro on the mic. He makes his own beats too.
Thanked by:
Do you not pay attention to post dates?
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: DioShiba