Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[PAID GIG] Seeking sprite artist for a goofy SNES-style RPG!
Hey everyone... I haven't been on this board in years! This account is 12 years old!!!!!! (I also originally posted this on the wrong board... oop)

I'm currently developing a game for fun and need help with sprite work. The game is being developed with the old software RPG Maker 2003, and centers around a fictionalized story of one of my favorite musicians and his inner circle. Without saying too much, you can check out what the game looks and feels like so far by peaking around my recent livestreams on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/chrisriggs - basically, it's a rap-themed game with the atmosphere of Earthbound and horror RPG maker classics like Ib and Yume Nikki! 

I'm too old and crotchety to sit and stare at MS Paint editing sprites comfortably anymore, but I'm hoping someone on this board might be interested! I'm looking to pay about $50 per sheet and after the initial sheet, I'll inquire about further work and we can discuss rate changes. I'd like the work to be as immediate as possible, but I'm also very patient. Minor revisions might be necessary, too. I can do certain things myself, but after having some lackluster experiences on Fiverr I want to be more specific in my requests.  Wink

A disclaimer: If I hire you, I will pay you (we can discuss how), regardless of how much use I actually get out of said work. Payment can be made via Paypal, Venmo, or I can buy you Steam keys if you just want some games! Credit will also be acknowledged in the game itself. This game isn't going to make anyone any money, and re-uses professional assets. It's a labor of love but has potential for viral appeal. You're helping me create a project I've been bouncing the idea of in my head for years! Smile

Here's a random example of an RPG Maker 2003 charset for an idea of what type of things I'm seeking...
[Image: 42743-afffff040a49352b6a491fe1a9f1f56b.jpg]
I'm looking for 4-directional characters similar to the work above, but in styles similar to Romancing Saga III (SNES) and/or games by RPG Maker legend Calunio. Spritesheets are always uniform and I will provide appropriate templates - as well as multiple examples. The first sheet will be a handful of rather basic characters - all based on real world figures - and I will share images of them. You as the artist just have to create the character models in 4 directions - and potentially (eventually) poses as well! I also have some things already in game that could really use tune-ups.

Please share your work below, and any additional information I may need to know, and I'll PM you if I'm interested in working with you!

Thanks TSR!
Thanked by:
Hello!

I would be interested in helping you if you think I can match the style you are going for. You can see samples of my work either on my website or here on the Spriter's Resource. If it would help, I would be more than happy to make some demonstration sprites using whatever reference materials you provide.
Thanked by:
(08-04-2020, 04:38 PM)Spriter Theo Wrote: Hello!

I would be interested in helping you if you think I can match the style you are going for. You can see samples of my work either on my website or here on the Spriter's Resource. If it would help, I would be more than happy to make some demonstration sprites using whatever reference materials you provide.

I love your work! I'll shoot you a private message now. Thanks!
Thanked by: Spriter Theo
I am also available. You can check my Pixel Art work on ArtStation: https://srdjan-stefan_vranjes.artstation...ms/2466624
Thanked by: