Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Unamed 8bit Action-RPG
You may remember this from the old Pixeltendo. My girlfriend and I are working on an 8-bit action-rpg together that draws elements from modern Castlevania titles as well as other games.

This is a personal project between my girlfriend and I so no one is actually allowed to join in, but you are able to check back on this topic if you are interested in it to check updates.
[Image: darkmatterknightae6.gif]
The game itself was inspired by the concept of Captain N: the Game Master, the old '80s cartoon. Though it is based off the concept of the show, it doesn't feature its characters and character designs nor its overall story.
[Image: vapreenrunzu5.gif]
-A few things of note: while the tile sets, sprites, and backgrounds all boast a classic retro nes style, it doesn't follow to the hardware limitations. The game will eventually boast multiple scrolling background layers, some sprites have 5 colors to differentiate the main playable characters from the others, semi-transparent effects, gradual hue shifting, scaling and rotating objects, lighting, and some mode 7 graphics.

[Image: darkmatterpeterchysamplbd8.gif]

-MAIN CHARACTERS-
Katey

-SUMMON-
Vapreen Lucario

-BOSSES-
Malkil (to be redone)Sir Rowdain Kamek Talos Porky Air Man Lucario

-ENEMIES-
Sniper Joe Paranthropus Zombie D.M. Joe Peterchy
Skeleton Fire Mage Muth

-NPCs-
Castlevania Jova Village NPCs (to be redone) Mushroom Kingdom NPCs

-CONCEPT ARTWORK-
Dark Matter

-MISCELLANEOUS-
Font Set

It may not seem like much now, but things will be added over time.

Things will be updated in the list from now on. I removed the animated 8bit tags because they were kind of a hassle when I tried to upload things in quick succession.
Thanked by:
Frickin' sweet for 8bit.
Great job Smithy.
Thanked by:
How wow, I really like the enemies. Good job. This will turn out amazing.
Thanked by:
YES, IT'S SMITHY Heart

Can't wait to see what you're gonna produce next.
Thanked by:
Woo, glad to see this again.

Nice job Smile
Thanked by:
Very Nostalgic to see sprites from 8-Bit games. Brings me memories.
Nice job BTW.
Thanked by:
[Image: f_8bitPorkym_473b83d.png]

Porky is uploaded to the main list. Not only that, but I added more to his sheet.[/u]
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
Thanked by:
[Image: f_AirManm_31ea4ed.gif]

Air Man is now uploaded to the main list.
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
Thanked by:
[Image: f_KathleenFenm_8259a1b.png]

Main heroine.
God is good.  Big Grin

Thanked by:
Woah, that is just.. amazing. Absolutely love Porky, and the Star Fox team is amazing. Tongue
Thanked by:
Is the Fire Mage inspired by the Mages in Faxanadu? And your sprites are great, good luck to you and your girlfriend.
Thanked by:
Why yes it is. I didn't know if anyone here has ever played Faxanadu.

And, thank you.[/i]
God is good.  Big Grin

Thanked by:
I love these, especially Porky Big Grin
Thanked by:
I noticed because i'm ripping from the game currently (and it's probably my all time favorite NES game). Your Welcome =]
Thanked by:
You're so great, Smithy.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: