The VG Resource

Full Version: Unamed 8bit Action-RPG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You may remember this from the old Pixeltendo. My girlfriend and I are working on an 8-bit action-rpg together that draws elements from modern Castlevania titles as well as other games.

This is a personal project between my girlfriend and I so no one is actually allowed to join in, but you are able to check back on this topic if you are interested in it to check updates.
[Image: darkmatterknightae6.gif]
The game itself was inspired by the concept of Captain N: the Game Master, the old '80s cartoon. Though it is based off the concept of the show, it doesn't feature its characters and character designs nor its overall story.
[Image: vapreenrunzu5.gif]
-A few things of note: while the tile sets, sprites, and backgrounds all boast a classic retro nes style, it doesn't follow to the hardware limitations. The game will eventually boast multiple scrolling background layers, some sprites have 5 colors to differentiate the main playable characters from the others, semi-transparent effects, gradual hue shifting, scaling and rotating objects, lighting, and some mode 7 graphics.

[Image: darkmatterpeterchysamplbd8.gif]

-MAIN CHARACTERS-
Katey

-SUMMON-
Vapreen Lucario

-BOSSES-
Malkil (to be redone)Sir Rowdain Kamek Talos Porky Air Man Lucario

-ENEMIES-
Sniper Joe Paranthropus Zombie D.M. Joe Peterchy
Skeleton Fire Mage Muth

-NPCs-
Castlevania Jova Village NPCs (to be redone) Mushroom Kingdom NPCs

-CONCEPT ARTWORK-
Dark Matter

-MISCELLANEOUS-
Font Set

It may not seem like much now, but things will be added over time.

Things will be updated in the list from now on. I removed the animated 8bit tags because they were kind of a hassle when I tried to upload things in quick succession.
Frickin' sweet for 8bit.
Great job Smithy.
How wow, I really like the enemies. Good job. This will turn out amazing.
YES, IT'S SMITHY Heart

Can't wait to see what you're gonna produce next.
Woo, glad to see this again.

Nice job Smile
Very Nostalgic to see sprites from 8-Bit games. Brings me memories.
Nice job BTW.
[Image: f_8bitPorkym_473b83d.png]

Porky is uploaded to the main list. Not only that, but I added more to his sheet.[/u]
[Image: f_AirManm_31ea4ed.gif]

Air Man is now uploaded to the main list.
[Image: f_KathleenFenm_8259a1b.png]

Main heroine.
Woah, that is just.. amazing. Absolutely love Porky, and the Star Fox team is amazing. Tongue
Is the Fire Mage inspired by the Mages in Faxanadu? And your sprites are great, good luck to you and your girlfriend.
Why yes it is. I didn't know if anyone here has ever played Faxanadu.

And, thank you.[/i]
I love these, especially Porky Big Grin
I noticed because i'm ripping from the game currently (and it's probably my all time favorite NES game). Your Welcome =]
You're so great, Smithy.
Pages: 1 2