Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Art] Zelda paper cut-outs
Made with Illustrator (shapes) and Photoshop (shadows and textures).
I tried to imitate the style used by the pictures in Phantom Hourglass' intro sequence. (Here's the rip on tsr, if you want to compare.)

My first one:
[Image: spiritds.png]
Bigger one here.

The second:
[Image: darklink.png]
Bigger version here.

If you have an idea of a great moment in the Zelda series, I might do it in this style.
Thanked by:
Great moment... hm... AHA!

Link on the King of Red Lions. That's one of the most memorable moments, if you ask me, in the whole Zelda Toon Link Subseries Thing.
Still thinking of a new name.
Thanked by:
How about the fight with Helmethead from II.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
(04-11-2009, 08:14 PM)Shroob2 Wrote: Great moment... hm... AHA!

Link on the King of Red Lions. That's one of the most memorable moments, if you ask me, in the whole Zelda Toon Link Subseries Thing.

Hm... Yes. But it doesn't necessarily have to be from a Toon Link game.
The fight against Dark Link is from AoL, for example.
Thanked by:
I love everything you make. Big Grin

You're really good at paper cut-outs, I did several pieces in paper cut-out form, not easy.
Got one. Smile
***Read-Team Yoshi-***
Thanked by:
This is cool Cute
The second one looks official, The first one is close but i dont think there is enough space around the link cut out to keep the eye drawn to him.
this is a sig

Thanked by:
(04-12-2009, 02:10 PM)BigG Wrote: This is cool Cute
The second one looks official, The first one is close but i dont think there is enough space around the link cut out to keep the eye drawn to him.
What do you mean, I don't really understand you. Do you think Link's too small?
Thanked by:
(04-12-2009, 02:47 PM)Nelde Wrote:
Well not exactly, but there is alot going on in the image. The main focus should be one thing, Link or the background, and as both alot going on it's hard for the eye to be drawn to one or the other.
So maybe make the background less busy if you want the focus to be on link, or make links pose embrace the background more if you want the focus to be on that.
Great work though.
this is a sig

Thanked by:
(04-12-2009, 03:03 PM)BigG Wrote:
(04-12-2009, 02:47 PM)Nelde Wrote:
Well not exactly, but there is alot going on in the image. The main focus should be one thing, Link or the background, and as both alot going on it's hard for the eye to be drawn to one or the other.
So maybe make the background less busy if you want the focus to be on link, or make links pose embrace the background more if you want the focus to be on that.
Great work though.

Oh, ok. Now I know what you mean. Thanks.
Thanked by:
do one with link wearing the fierce diety mask with skull kid wearing majora's mask floating over him
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Link playing the Ocarina with Instruments of the Sirens in front of the Wind Fish's Egg.
Thanked by:
I allready gave you a list back on MFGG. Still waiting to see which ones you need to know...
Thanked by:
I like the majora's mask idea.
I can make games, movies, sprites, and more and I'm willing to help, unless the sprites you need are above nes style. I'm not the best.Tongue
Thanked by:
i'd love to see Majora's Mask in that style
this is a sig

Thanked by:
That's kind of obvious considering your avatar.
I can make games, movies, sprites, and more and I'm willing to help, unless the sprites you need are above nes style. I'm not the best.Tongue
Thanked by: