The VG Resource

Full Version: [Art] Zelda paper cut-outs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Made with Illustrator (shapes) and Photoshop (shadows and textures).
I tried to imitate the style used by the pictures in Phantom Hourglass' intro sequence. (Here's the rip on tsr, if you want to compare.)

My first one:
[Image: spiritds.png]
Bigger one here.

The second:
[Image: darklink.png]
Bigger version here.

If you have an idea of a great moment in the Zelda series, I might do it in this style.
Great moment... hm... AHA!

Link on the King of Red Lions. That's one of the most memorable moments, if you ask me, in the whole Zelda Toon Link Subseries Thing.
How about the fight with Helmethead from II.
(04-11-2009, 08:14 PM)Shroob2 Wrote: [ -> ]Great moment... hm... AHA!

Link on the King of Red Lions. That's one of the most memorable moments, if you ask me, in the whole Zelda Toon Link Subseries Thing.

Hm... Yes. But it doesn't necessarily have to be from a Toon Link game.
The fight against Dark Link is from AoL, for example.
I love everything you make. Big Grin

You're really good at paper cut-outs, I did several pieces in paper cut-out form, not easy.
This is cool Cute
The second one looks official, The first one is close but i dont think there is enough space around the link cut out to keep the eye drawn to him.
(04-12-2009, 02:10 PM)BigG Wrote: [ -> ]This is cool Cute
The second one looks official, The first one is close but i dont think there is enough space around the link cut out to keep the eye drawn to him.
What do you mean, I don't really understand you. Do you think Link's too small?
(04-12-2009, 02:47 PM)Nelde Wrote: [ -> ]
Well not exactly, but there is alot going on in the image. The main focus should be one thing, Link or the background, and as both alot going on it's hard for the eye to be drawn to one or the other.
So maybe make the background less busy if you want the focus to be on link, or make links pose embrace the background more if you want the focus to be on that.
Great work though.
(04-12-2009, 03:03 PM)BigG Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2009, 02:47 PM)Nelde Wrote: [ -> ]
Well not exactly, but there is alot going on in the image. The main focus should be one thing, Link or the background, and as both alot going on it's hard for the eye to be drawn to one or the other.
So maybe make the background less busy if you want the focus to be on link, or make links pose embrace the background more if you want the focus to be on that.
Great work though.

Oh, ok. Now I know what you mean. Thanks.
do one with link wearing the fierce diety mask with skull kid wearing majora's mask floating over him
Link playing the Ocarina with Instruments of the Sirens in front of the Wind Fish's Egg.
I allready gave you a list back on MFGG. Still waiting to see which ones you need to know...
I like the majora's mask idea.
i'd love to see Majora's Mask in that style
That's kind of obvious considering your avatar.
Pages: 1 2