Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[ART] Melody Flat
Uhh, it's been a while since I posted a drawing to you guys. But I'll here you out this time, because I want to get better.

[Image: 70urh2.png]
http://i43.tinypic.com/70urh2.png

This is a drawing of a character I just thought of yesterday named 'Melody Flat'.

Before you state this, I'm just going to admit, I don't know how to draw flutes.

Now please give me honest criticism, I wont be a stubborn loser this time.
Thanked by:
I'll give you points for getting the face features for anime right. But minus points because she lacks ears :V (her hair isn't wide enough to block them) It's not bad, you have potential, you have a good sense of proportions.
Thanked by:
Drat, that's my biggest weakness, heh, the only manga ears I have ever drawn where animal ears. But normal ears don't look too hard. I bet with a bit of practice, I could get down something above average.
Thanked by:
for this style youre doing it shouldnt be hard at all, drawing ears of course.
Thanked by:
Drawing ears gets harder or easier in differeant styles? Never thought about it that way. Hmm, does Mark Crilley or O'Geal (zkos) have a vid on drawing manga ears? I guess I'll find out.
Thanked by:
Have you really not drawn ears before?
Thanked by:
Here's a tutorial on drawing them.mangauniversity.com you'll have to look for it though.I like her she's really cute.The only thing I can't see it what is the necklace. I don't know what it is.
~~LOVE~~
~~SOLINK~~PK~~C2B~~KAIKIMI~~
[Image: Boggle_inside_a_futuristic_pod_by_Mabelma.png]

Have some time, check out my tumblr blog.
Thanked by:
To be honest, no, never when drawing anime have I drawn an ear, although when I was in middle school I used to draw Mario a lot.... And he had ears... But I don't think that counts, because I was not too good back then.

Malema, the neckless is a tenor cleff: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...ef.svg.png

But I could not get it shaped quite the same because I have never had music theory to know the proper way to draw it. I should probably practice drawing clefs before applying them to characters heh.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
Thanked by:
NO probelm and ok It just that the necklace is a bit messy. I'm not Malema I'm Mabelma.
~~LOVE~~
~~SOLINK~~PK~~C2B~~KAIKIMI~~
[Image: Boggle_inside_a_futuristic_pod_by_Mabelma.png]

Have some time, check out my tumblr blog.
Thanked by:
treble clef > tenor clef. also, easier to draw. |D

i like her a lot, actually.
[Image: 10f6z6b.png] [Image: 10f6z6b.png] [Image: 10f6z6b.png]
Thanked by: