The VG Resource

Full Version: [ART] Melody Flat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Uhh, it's been a while since I posted a drawing to you guys. But I'll here you out this time, because I want to get better.

[Image: 70urh2.png]
http://i43.tinypic.com/70urh2.png

This is a drawing of a character I just thought of yesterday named 'Melody Flat'.

Before you state this, I'm just going to admit, I don't know how to draw flutes.

Now please give me honest criticism, I wont be a stubborn loser this time.
I'll give you points for getting the face features for anime right. But minus points because she lacks ears :V (her hair isn't wide enough to block them) It's not bad, you have potential, you have a good sense of proportions.
Drat, that's my biggest weakness, heh, the only manga ears I have ever drawn where animal ears. But normal ears don't look too hard. I bet with a bit of practice, I could get down something above average.
for this style youre doing it shouldnt be hard at all, drawing ears of course.
Drawing ears gets harder or easier in differeant styles? Never thought about it that way. Hmm, does Mark Crilley or O'Geal (zkos) have a vid on drawing manga ears? I guess I'll find out.
Have you really not drawn ears before?
Here's a tutorial on drawing them.mangauniversity.com you'll have to look for it though.I like her she's really cute.The only thing I can't see it what is the necklace. I don't know what it is.
To be honest, no, never when drawing anime have I drawn an ear, although when I was in middle school I used to draw Mario a lot.... And he had ears... But I don't think that counts, because I was not too good back then.

Malema, the neckless is a tenor cleff: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...ef.svg.png

But I could not get it shaped quite the same because I have never had music theory to know the proper way to draw it. I should probably practice drawing clefs before applying them to characters heh.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
NO probelm and ok It just that the necklace is a bit messy. I'm not Malema I'm Mabelma.
treble clef > tenor clef. also, easier to draw. |D

i like her a lot, actually.