Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Captain Falcon
This is the topic for the SSB Project Captain Falcon sheet.
Thanked by:
Well, I tried to make Captain Falcon a bit more in style. I edited the head from the olf Falcon and made a new body. I also took the some of the colours from other characters like Pikachu for the yellow palette.
I'm quite happy with the result, but just look yourself.
[Image: 2d1qxk3.png]
I'm not quite sure how to improve him, so it would be nice to have some criticism ;D
Thanked by:
The head is really bad and the proportions are off but it seems okay.
Thanked by:
Thanks! The new head looks way better than the old one. Could you be a bit more precise about the proportions?
@ Falcon: Better (no edited) head, some minor changes like adding the arm thing I forgot.
[Image: ta4f89.png]
Thanked by:
The proportions are still pretty nasty. I prefer the pose in the "first" sprite, try making it look more like that but with less emphasis on the forward stance. Boots might be a bit high since they seem to go higher than the knee.
Thanked by:
His head looks a bit big...
Thanked by:
I think he's leaning too far forward in both the old one and even the new one
Thanked by:
His right arm, for some reason, looks smaller than his left.

Thanked by:
Thanks for the advice, guys.
@ Tyvon: You're absolutely right. I just didn't realize that until you said it. Now it's really obvious.
@ Spolder: I can remember a discussion about the head sizes. If we made all heads like they are in Brawl, they would be pretty small. But it's ok now, I changed the head a bit.
@ EpicWes: I think that has to do with the stance of the legs. I put them closer together.
@ clap: Yeah, made it smaller.

I hope it is a bit better now.
[Image: 17tzih.png]
Thanked by:
(06-02-2009, 06:08 AM)Zabi Wrote: @ Spolder: I can remember a discussion about the head sizes. If we made all heads like they are in Brawl, they would be pretty small. But it's ok now, I changed the head a bit.
I didn't mean it was too big for accuracy's sake, but rather its size just makes his face look fat. I think turning the front of the face into a sel-outline might make it a bit thinner.
Thanked by:
On the lineup, I like the third-to-last sprite.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
(06-02-2009, 02:19 PM)Sploder Wrote: I didn't mean it was too big for accuracy's sake, but rather its size just makes his face look fat. I think turning the front of the face into a sel-outline might make it a bit thinner.
I don't know that much about the spriting terminology, so could you please explain what sel-outline means? I'm tyring to do that then.

@ Tonberry2k: I think you're right there. Especially the stance in the last one is kind of akward. The second-to-last and thrid-to-last have the same stance.

I think I'll just wait until someone explains me what to do about the head, and then we'll look further ;]
Thanked by:
If I'm correct, it's just a shaded outline.
Thanked by:
(06-02-2009, 06:08 AM)Zabi Wrote: Thanks for the advice, guys.
@ Tyvon: You're absolutely right. I just didn't realize that until you said it. Now it's really obvious.
@ Spolder: I can remember a discussion about the head sizes. If we made all heads like they are in Brawl, they would be pretty small. But it's ok now, I changed the head a bit.
@ EpicWes: I think that has to do with the stance of the legs. I put them closer together.
@ clap: Yeah, made it smaller.

I hope it is a bit better now.
[Image: 17tzih.png]

I think u should make the colors a bit more paler, these colors look too similar to Melee...
Thanked by:
I think the colors are fine. And adding a second palette won't be a problem once the sheet is done.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: