The VG Resource

Full Version: Captain Falcon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
This is the topic for the SSB Project Captain Falcon sheet.
Well, I tried to make Captain Falcon a bit more in style. I edited the head from the olf Falcon and made a new body. I also took the some of the colours from other characters like Pikachu for the yellow palette.
I'm quite happy with the result, but just look yourself.
[Image: 2d1qxk3.png]
I'm not quite sure how to improve him, so it would be nice to have some criticism ;D
The head is really bad and the proportions are off but it seems okay.
Thanks! The new head looks way better than the old one. Could you be a bit more precise about the proportions?
@ Falcon: Better (no edited) head, some minor changes like adding the arm thing I forgot.
[Image: ta4f89.png]
The proportions are still pretty nasty. I prefer the pose in the "first" sprite, try making it look more like that but with less emphasis on the forward stance. Boots might be a bit high since they seem to go higher than the knee.
His head looks a bit big...
I think he's leaning too far forward in both the old one and even the new one
His right arm, for some reason, looks smaller than his left.
Thanks for the advice, guys.
@ Tyvon: You're absolutely right. I just didn't realize that until you said it. Now it's really obvious.
@ Spolder: I can remember a discussion about the head sizes. If we made all heads like they are in Brawl, they would be pretty small. But it's ok now, I changed the head a bit.
@ EpicWes: I think that has to do with the stance of the legs. I put them closer together.
@ clap: Yeah, made it smaller.

I hope it is a bit better now.
[Image: 17tzih.png]
(06-02-2009, 06:08 AM)Zabi Wrote: [ -> ]@ Spolder: I can remember a discussion about the head sizes. If we made all heads like they are in Brawl, they would be pretty small. But it's ok now, I changed the head a bit.
I didn't mean it was too big for accuracy's sake, but rather its size just makes his face look fat. I think turning the front of the face into a sel-outline might make it a bit thinner.
On the lineup, I like the third-to-last sprite.
(06-02-2009, 02:19 PM)Sploder Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't mean it was too big for accuracy's sake, but rather its size just makes his face look fat. I think turning the front of the face into a sel-outline might make it a bit thinner.
I don't know that much about the spriting terminology, so could you please explain what sel-outline means? I'm tyring to do that then.

@ Tonberry2k: I think you're right there. Especially the stance in the last one is kind of akward. The second-to-last and thrid-to-last have the same stance.

I think I'll just wait until someone explains me what to do about the head, and then we'll look further ;]
If I'm correct, it's just a shaded outline.
(06-02-2009, 06:08 AM)Zabi Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the advice, guys.
@ Tyvon: You're absolutely right. I just didn't realize that until you said it. Now it's really obvious.
@ Spolder: I can remember a discussion about the head sizes. If we made all heads like they are in Brawl, they would be pretty small. But it's ok now, I changed the head a bit.
@ EpicWes: I think that has to do with the stance of the legs. I put them closer together.
@ clap: Yeah, made it smaller.

I hope it is a bit better now.
[Image: 17tzih.png]

I think u should make the colors a bit more paler, these colors look too similar to Melee...
I think the colors are fine. And adding a second palette won't be a problem once the sheet is done.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9