Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
8-Bit Majora's Mask
Imagine if Majora's mask was an 8-bit sidescrolling platformer. It'd look something like this.

[Image: dekulinkqf3.png]

C+C on the sprites, please. Especially Link. I wasn't sure whether to use the Link with the white highlights or without. I'll probably make a bunch of mockups and tiles with this, but I can't program things for shit, so I can't make a game or anything.
Thanked by:
With highlights looks better
Pretty cool
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
Definately.... Though then there would not be any transparent color. NOT AT ALL.
I guess that if it is a dark-looking game, then it is OK.
Sorry for my mistakes on english, people..... I am Brazilian, and to worsen that... i learnt english playing Final Fantasy and asking my mother.

EDIT: Now, 4 years have passed, and I`m an english teacher. Heart
Thanked by:
Yeah, it's just 3 colors + transparency per sprite. But maybe I should just ditch the highlights, since it is supposed to be a darker game. Also, I was wondering about the gloves and shoes. Should they be green or brown? I wanted to distinguish the fact that they're there and not part of his body, but in game they're a reddish brown color so making them brown would be closer to actuality.
Thanked by:
Hehe, so many deku-links turning up around here XD

Very nice, id choose the highlights, cuz i didn't like the "dark" part about the game :/

but one little dumb mistake in there, in the numbers.... YOU FOR0T TEH 2 XD
Thanked by:
(02-17-2009, 03:13 PM)nairenu Wrote: YOU FOR0T TEH 2 XD
Konstantin Kanstontin Konstantinopel 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3
Or whatever.

Somehow he seems to be too tall, I think. But he looks really nice, good work :]
Thanked by:
Did I really forget 2? wow lol.

Ok, I fixed that, and made some leafy ground tiles as well as a Deku Flower sprite. All of this together makes a mockup. Yay. BTW I'm sticking with no highlights. I'm not entirely sure what the rules are for 8bit sprites having transparency in their colors count, so I'm just sticking with 3 colors per sprite.

[Image: dekulinkyc7.png]
Thanked by:
Actually, if you use the background as a unique color and the color matches the spriteĀ“s lineart, then you could acctually change the lineart to transparent, and use the new color slot for the light.
Sorry for my mistakes on english, people..... I am Brazilian, and to worsen that... i learnt english playing Final Fantasy and asking my mother.

EDIT: Now, 4 years have passed, and I`m an english teacher. Heart
Thanked by: