The VG Resource

Full Version: 8-Bit Majora's Mask
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Imagine if Majora's mask was an 8-bit sidescrolling platformer. It'd look something like this.

[Image: dekulinkqf3.png]

C+C on the sprites, please. Especially Link. I wasn't sure whether to use the Link with the white highlights or without. I'll probably make a bunch of mockups and tiles with this, but I can't program things for shit, so I can't make a game or anything.
With highlights looks better
Pretty cool
Definately.... Though then there would not be any transparent color. NOT AT ALL.
I guess that if it is a dark-looking game, then it is OK.
Yeah, it's just 3 colors + transparency per sprite. But maybe I should just ditch the highlights, since it is supposed to be a darker game. Also, I was wondering about the gloves and shoes. Should they be green or brown? I wanted to distinguish the fact that they're there and not part of his body, but in game they're a reddish brown color so making them brown would be closer to actuality.
Hehe, so many deku-links turning up around here XD

Very nice, id choose the highlights, cuz i didn't like the "dark" part about the game :/

but one little dumb mistake in there, in the numbers.... YOU FOR0T TEH 2 XD
(02-17-2009, 03:13 PM)nairenu Wrote: [ -> ]YOU FOR0T TEH 2 XD
Konstantin Kanstontin Konstantinopel 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3
Or whatever.

Somehow he seems to be too tall, I think. But he looks really nice, good work :]
Did I really forget 2? wow lol.

Ok, I fixed that, and made some leafy ground tiles as well as a Deku Flower sprite. All of this together makes a mockup. Yay. BTW I'm sticking with no highlights. I'm not entirely sure what the rules are for 8bit sprites having transparency in their colors count, so I'm just sticking with 3 colors per sprite.

[Image: dekulinkyc7.png]
Actually, if you use the background as a unique color and the color matches the spriteĀ“s lineart, then you could acctually change the lineart to transparent, and use the new color slot for the light.