Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How can I get images from PKMZ files in the Happy Fish APK file?
I used the ezyzip website to rip assets from the Happy Fish game but when I look in the files, all the files in the image folder is PKMZ files which means I can't see any of the images. How do I change these files into PNGs or be able to see the images?
Thanked by:
Well, you should use a Zip program to change their file name.

Do you try to change their extension name to .PNG file? I use 7-zip when the sprites from games folder doesn't show.
Thanked by:
(02-02-2024, 04:02 PM)Coolkatisa Wrote: I used the ezyzip website to rip assets from the Happy Fish game but when I look in the files, all the files in the image folder is PKMZ files which means I can't see any of the images. How do I change these files into PNGs or be able to see the images?

Hello again! These .pkmz files are actually gzip files. You should just be able to use 7-Zip to unzip them. From there, you get a .pkm file which you can use Tacent View (direct link to .zip) to view and convert.

Oh, and by the way, you don't need a special website to convert .apk files to a .zip file since all you need to do is to change the extension.
applecuckoo - ripper of sounds, sprites and models

Places to get help:
DYKG/VG Resource Discord - This is where most of the ripping experts on the VG Resource hang out these days, so you should probably start here. Any requests to rip stuff (i.e. "Please rip sounds/models/sprites from game X!") are only allowed here as per the rules.

ResHax forum - Another forum that is home to most of the reverse engineers who were on the old ZenHax and XenTax forums. A great place to get help for any mysterious files.

And remember, always upload example files. That way, people don't have to dig in and fetch them for you.
Thanked by:
Oh, hello! I haven't greeted yet.

Yes just like I said, you can change name extension using a compressor software like 7-zip. Have you already solved converting the .KMZ file into .PNG file?
Thanked by:
(02-03-2024, 03:48 PM)!d bump Wrote: Oh, hello! I haven't greeted yet.

Yes just like I said, you can change name extension using a compressor software like 7-zip. Have you already solved converting the .KMZ file into .PNG file?

Yep, I have! The .pkmz (gzip) file extracts to a .pkm which is actually quite a standard format. Tacent View (which I mentioned earlier) successfully handled it - see attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

applecuckoo - ripper of sounds, sprites and models

Places to get help:
DYKG/VG Resource Discord - This is where most of the ripping experts on the VG Resource hang out these days, so you should probably start here. Any requests to rip stuff (i.e. "Please rip sounds/models/sprites from game X!") are only allowed here as per the rules.

ResHax forum - Another forum that is home to most of the reverse engineers who were on the old ZenHax and XenTax forums. A great place to get help for any mysterious files.

And remember, always upload example files. That way, people don't have to dig in and fetch them for you.
Thanked by: !d bump