The VG Resource

Full Version: How can I get images from PKMZ files in the Happy Fish APK file?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used the ezyzip website to rip assets from the Happy Fish game but when I look in the files, all the files in the image folder is PKMZ files which means I can't see any of the images. How do I change these files into PNGs or be able to see the images?
Well, you should use a Zip program to change their file name.

Do you try to change their extension name to .PNG file? I use 7-zip when the sprites from games folder doesn't show.
(02-02-2024, 04:02 PM)Coolkatisa Wrote: [ -> ]I used the ezyzip website to rip assets from the Happy Fish game but when I look in the files, all the files in the image folder is PKMZ files which means I can't see any of the images. How do I change these files into PNGs or be able to see the images?

Hello again! These .pkmz files are actually gzip files. You should just be able to use 7-Zip to unzip them. From there, you get a .pkm file which you can use Tacent View (direct link to .zip) to view and convert.

Oh, and by the way, you don't need a special website to convert .apk files to a .zip file since all you need to do is to change the extension.
Oh, hello! I haven't greeted yet.

Yes just like I said, you can change name extension using a compressor software like 7-zip. Have you already solved converting the .KMZ file into .PNG file?
(02-03-2024, 03:48 PM)!d bump Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, hello! I haven't greeted yet.

Yes just like I said, you can change name extension using a compressor software like 7-zip. Have you already solved converting the .KMZ file into .PNG file?

Yep, I have! The .pkmz (gzip) file extracts to a .pkm which is actually quite a standard format. Tacent View (which I mentioned earlier) successfully handled it - see attached.